What training have Saracens done today.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yippie! My first session on 'the mechanical aid' at home as my dear husband describes it. A Star Trac Spinner NXT spinning bike.  Did 35mins, interval work, it was great!  I know I have a long way to go to get as fit as many Saracen members - but hey I'll give it a good go.  Maybe one day I may even bake a record breaking cake!!   :D

Bitterly cold again today, two base layers, long sleeved top plus an Altura jacket and I was still cold.  Then just to add insult to injury I got caught in a mini snow blizzard on the way home. :(

It doesn't look like it going to get any warmer over the weekend either!

M and I set out to do a few miles warm up and then some hill rep's up Jacobs's Ladder near Claines.  When we got on to the hill it was like a third world dirt track.  Holes,ridges of mud and running water.  So we went over the top and did loop to Julie's.

Had a great late breakfast with Sean, Ken, Mike and John.

Droitwich - Tardibigge - Bradley Green - Hibbleton - Crowle - Tibberton - Copcutt - Ombersley - Doverdale Road - Holt Fleet - Doverdale Road - Holt Fleet (Don't ask!) - Doverdale - Hartlebury - Whitlenge Garden Centre - Droitwich. 54miles.

First time at Whitlenge.  Top drawer food and cyclist friendly.  Will be back there for sure.

Yesterday evening  was a 30:00 online TT on the erg Rowing M/c (7174m) TE 3.5 legs were shot from the previous days ride. 

Dave~ I am thinking of coming out on Sunday BUT it depends on which direction your heading and how far your planning to go. 40 odd miles is about my limit at the moment and then only at around 14-15 MPH (not to many hills). Its still early days bike wise for me but things are getting better. I am really quite happy to still go out on my own and ride my local lanes until I'm confident to ride the extra 10 miles each way as well as the club run. Mike H has given me Colin Amors phone number as he lives just around the corner from me, so I may give him a bell soon, as I believe he is riding the same lanes and might welcome some company.

Colin.

Well Colin, I won't be out either on Sunday due to racing commitments, but I ALWAYS make sure it's nice and steady on a Sunday when I'm out with the lads.

It's that half wheeling Sam Boz you have to look out for and it has to be a very hilly route to keep her under control.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried out the new spin bike today.  Must say it did me good having decided that it was too cold for the road.  Had a good hour and ten minutes quite hard and quite enjoyed it.  Pleased with the machine. No wonder M spends so much time on it!

Well for the first time in a week I actually ventured out on the road today.

Not being able to face the cold and snow over the past several days I have ventured down to the gym both yesterday and this morning to do some training in the warm.

Yesterday consisted of a quick warm up on the treadmill and then a spinning class in the company of thirty or so other bodys and my training partner Sam who suggested we go out for a Run in the lanes afterwards.

Great I thought,      spinning session + a bit over we changed  and with a few extra layers on we set off at a reasonable pace ( well for Sam it was ) and covered a few miles were I was put into my place by a much more capable runner than myself   ( SHE was LOVING IT,LOVING IT !! ) .          Eventually I cried enough and told her to carry on,    so she did!!  ( last time I'm waiting for her on the bike ).

Anyway I did keep her in site and then waited for me so that she could proceed to work me over again and cause more pain and suffering.

At this stage I just wanted to run back the shortest route so Sam decided to turn round and take the longer route back to the Gym, so off she went.     Well that's what I was told but no proof was offered.

Today a more sensible gym session was undertaken,   just a couple of Hours on Treadmill and spin class c followed by shower and cup of coffee and then home.

Felling quite relaxed after all this exercise a fruit cake was made and with the sun shining through the kitchen window for the first time for I don't know how long I decided I just had to venture out on the bike.

I've got to say it certainly wasn't warm but wrapped up well and a couple of hours later I felt better for getting out in the fresh air and doing some proper miles for a change.       Roll on the summer.

Anyway, looking forward to Sunday, hopefully the weather will allow us to get a half decent ride in and I have sugested Kenilworth cafe which is 58miles round trip from the Forrest Pub.

We could collect riders on the way though at say Wythall island at 10-10.15.  I was thinking of ColinB ChrisP and Sean.       This is just a suggestion open to other offers.

I would need to contact cafe and let them know the day before if there is a group of us because of being Easter Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived