What training have Saracens done today.

Just thought I would start this thread in case anyone wants to post their training.

As I have only started training back on the bike these last couple of months with a view to getting some TTs in this year.

Todays session was 60 mins total with 15 mins wu & cd  on the turbo and a 30 minute session on the erg (rowing) all capped at 145 MHR

PS I'm still recovering from Tuesday. but not feeling too bad.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing today, been too busy.

However my weekly training schedule is pretty tame really, I ride three days a week.

Tuesday around 50 miles usually on the mountain bike

Thursday around 60 miles with the Saracen guys on a Thursday

Sunday club run around 60/70 miles with the Saracen.

I hasten to add that those Saracen rides include the ten mile ride to and from the start/finish points

I also get one or two 200km audax rides in a month throughout the year. 

Wimped out today having hovered for about two hours thinking of the cold and went and eventually resigned myself to the gym with all the other hampsters on there wheels. Two hour brick session. 40 mins run, 1hour spin bike, 20mins run. Coffee, Mars bar and home. Roll on summer and some proper cycling weather!!.

Nothing.  Had a pleasant hour or two this afternoon looking at the new web site gallery with Mike and talking bikes.  Oh! and Mike going on and on about cake making with a mouthful of cake???  He needs to get out more.

Er...... Beacon and Bromsgrove were out today.  Any comments?

Hope to get out Tuesday and do some penance.

Five brave Saracen souls ventured out for the Tuesday run. John Shelly and I met up in Droitwich to do 2 hour loop then on to Julies Cafe.  There we found Mike Hazlewood and Chris Kent and we all tucked in to a hearty breakfast.  Later we were joined by Sean and we had a good old natter.

Quite suprised with weather - bearable cold,no wind and dry, ice free roads.  All in all a great morning.  Thanks for making the effort guys ;)

Decided after being laid low for a couple of days with a head cold that I really needed to get out and stretch my legs, so arranged to meet up with Dave at Julies and was pleasantly surprised to see the group, a little over 50 miles on the mountain bike, just what the doctor ordered 

Yes great to get out for a ride today, it was a bit fresh but quite enjoyable. It was going tobe a rest day today for me but the lure of food at Julies was to tempting. Tomorrow looks pretty grim so a rest day for me I think and save myself for Thursday which looks quite promising at the moment. Heres hoping for good weather and turnout for Thursday.

Rode the Snowdrop express and averaged a little over 16.5 mpg

Ah ha......that would explain why I didn't see you then, I did the Sunrise. 

Flippin' cold and very foggy first thing, we had a nice little group of about six riders all working together (sort off?) and despite me being dropped at Droitwich I still averaged 17.8  :o

Ah ha......that would explain why I didn't see you then, I did the Sunrise. 

Flippin' cold and very foggy first thing, we had a nice little group of about six riders all working together (sort off?) and despite me being dropped at Droitwich I still averaged 17.8  :o

And that is why I choose to do the later one, a chance to let the cold of the winter night dissipate

Glad you were healed enough to ride today  :)

Archived