Club Run Sunday 23 July 2023

Moira

Well what an awful day it is let’s hope it rains itself out today and we can get out tomorrow 🤞🏻

In view of that thought we’d stay local so the venue is Springridge Nursery .

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴 subject to the weather.

A damp start today with a few ominous black clouds over the lickeys as I headed towards TB. Have to admit I nearly turned back, but I'm glad I didn't as it turned out nice again (in the words of George Formby - if you're just old enough to remember him!)

Meeting at TB were Moira, John and me. Bev deciding the gym was a better option.

Making our way to PB we picked up Dave M, Steve T, Chris P, Barry and the Phillpotts. So a good turn out.

A nice ride out into the wind arriving at Springridge in the sunshine, so we risked it and sat outside.

Birthday Boy, Dave, treated us all to cakes and very nice they were too. Thank you Dave and a very happy 80th birthday to you!! Hope you enjoyed the family party on your return home. 🥳🥳🥳🥳

It was lovely to see Mick out too who turned up just after we arrived. Well done on getting out, despite still suffering with your back.

After a good old chin wag about the tour, cycling holidays and cruises, we set off for home via hanbury, so a few little hills along the way. But the sun was shining which made it feel a lot better.

After the Jinny ring there were just four of us left to get home through Bromsgrove. Chris', John, Moira and me. Moira decided she HAD to do 50 miles so we took a detour and bumped into kev outside his house who was gardening.

On for home and Moira got her 50 in, thank goodness, we'd have never heard the last of it!😜

A good ride in the end after a slightly wet start.

Pics below including the birthday boy! PXL_20230723_103421340.thumb.jpg.f8bf9d2bc1d80d897c7c7322f2721f69.jpghappy 80th birthday Dave. Looking good!PXL_20230723_101732315.thumb.jpg.aa08aead630527decc3530ca08313758.jpgdont do it Moira. You can have more cake!!!! 😅

PXL_20230723_101726293.MP.jpg

PXL_20230723_101738844.jpg

PXL_20230723_102052146.jpg

PXL_20230723_102143515.jpg

PXL_20230723_104417485.jpg

Well it just goes to show, you look at the weather forecast and think 🤔 are we going to get soaked again, then it turns out to be a good day.  It was supposed to rain 🌧 this afternoon but it still isn’t raining.

Enough of that, it was a very good 👍 ride today (not all of us had to do 50 miles though) and I’m sure we all enjoyed it.

See y’all next time. 🚲

Julie was moaning on our little detour as she had 2 extra miles on me so she had her 50 anyway but as Ken was picking her up from mine she had to follow as she didn’t know the way !!

Julie not one of better photos with knife all my wrinkles think the money I’m spending on my Elemis face creams obviously aren’t working 🤣🤣