A & B Runs Sunday 1st March

Sean Barker

Glad you didn't miss the rugby John, and thanks again for all of your help! It was uber appreciated!

Hope all is well with you Tim? Hope you make a speedy recovery and hope to see you out on a ride soon!

Don't worry Sean, no offense taken! Sorry John and I went off the front, we were both feeling really good despite the wind and decided to test out a little fixed/single speed ride! Hope you and Laura were ok?

Speedy will be submitting a report on the A run later today and he will confirm who rode with the A's! :)

Stories of a lead out man,... or  Saracen A ride 1/3/15

• M Hazlewood                captain on the road
  • K Young                        advisory navigator
  • O Halzewood                designated sprinter
  • K Sargent                      domestique 
  • L D Grey                       not sure....

On a warm in the sunshine but cold in the wind day, the quintet of Saracens set off in search of coffee and cakes. Riding into the wind through Astwood Bank to Alcester, Temple Grafton to Salford Priors.  

We avoided cars, horses, cyclists, potholes and tight corners O!! but not the muddy lanes...

Our destination was The Cafe Craycombe, and a few clicks outs from the I get a tap on my leg and I here a voice "attack on the final climb" (Craycomberg) 

The red mist drops like a stone, I hunker down, and start to wind up the pace, blasting into the wind, the peloton strings out, and I'm committed now, I  don't know what's happening behind me, but "if its hurting me, then it's probably hurting you aswell" and no one is coming through, I give it everything. I hit the base of the 'berg' and Owen launches past me, "go go go" 

A silhouetted O crests the mini mountain, Hazlewood senior attacks, but its too little too late, we all all roll into the car park and collapse but laughing.

Over coffee, Lee tells me, " I was catching you on the Craycomberg",      I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'd "sat up" at that point!!!

We rode steadily ride back through Rous Lench, where KS and LDG peeled off towards Worcester. My work was done.

72m 1033m ascent.

Archived