Club Run 11th February

Sarashell

John as you know Julie , Bev and me were out today and did a decent ride we’ve decided to meet you at The Swan CC 11.30 am ish doing a shorter route to get there as we are all feeling it in the legs. See you there x

As Bev, Moira and I had been out on Saturday and completed a few miles, we decided to do a short ride and meet the others at the Swan. Bit of a delayed start as getting her bike out Moira noticed she had a puncture so had to opt for her in between bike.

So starting out from TB were roger and John. Picking up Steve and Leigh en route. Roger did a non stopper while Steve dropped off for home at some point.

Bev, Moira and I arrived at the Swan first and managed to grab the last little hut to wait to see who else turned up. We hadn't been there long when John and Leigh arrived. Leigh ordered a bacon sandwich which looked much better than the one I had last week. It was stuffed with bacon and looked delicious. See pic below.

After our refreshments, we left Leigh tucking into a second cuppa. We were waiting for Bev to pay a visit before setting off. After a few minutes we realised she must have set off thinking we had left. I thought her bike had gone but as we got up the hill there were no tyre tracks so we decided to go back to make sure. Sure enough Bev's bike had gone and so had Bev!! So off we set again, at which point we had a call from Bev asking where we were. Needless to say confusion reigned for all of five minutes and fortunately we were able to all re-group and set off for home. 

No rain, a nice short ride for some of us and a new venue found.

Pics below 

PXL_20240211_115937303.jpg

PXL_20240211_115955644.jpg

PXL_20240211_120306635.jpg

PXL_20240211_120301227.jpg