Club Run Sunday 15 October 2023

Moira

Let’s hope it’s as sunny tomorrow as it is today 🤞🏻

Thought we’d head out to The Railway Carriage just past Welford ( sorry can’t remember the name of the area where it is )

We will be going out via Feckenham then up that horrible little steep hill to the Ridgeway and out through Bidford.

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

Only me could .... started out for ride today with a good 40mins start(didn't read Whatsapp) felt like I was pushing through heavy treacle. Took over 3 bars out of 5.only at cafe 10 mins before the club .  I had felt the bike was hard to handle . I found out why when I started the return journey. When I had repaired the front wheel puncture I obviously had not tight enough and the push through axle was not in at the far end meaning not only was the bike unwieldy  but was putting the brakes on to some extent. I had to be very sparing on the battery on the return journey which considering how knackered I was wasn't easy . Got home with  last bar flashing . Took less than 2 bars home more than 3 bars there . 

A bright but chilly start for Moira, John, tim and me setting off from TB at 10 a.m. it was a good call to start later as it was a bit cooler than we've been used to.

We met Barry at the top of the Ridgeway and carried on to the railway carriage. Leigh was already there and very proud that he'd managed to find his way there by himself.

There was a bit of a wait for food as it was busy. But it was very nice and warm sitting in the sun.

Barry lost his gloves which was a bit odd as he hadn't actually been anywhere. We searched high and low only to find that Leigh had them. Not sure how that happened but Moira chastised him by hitting him with a wooden spoon (not really it was only for the photo opportunity).

We set off back leaving Leigh as he was going a different way and a bit worried that his battery wouldn't last. Hope he got back ok. 🤞.

I'm doing the write up this week as Moira had a headache and played on my sympathy. You owe me one Moira 😜

Nothing much to report on the way home. It turned out to be a very pleasant ride in the end. I'm glad I went out 😊

Pics below 

PXL_20231015_103137537.jpg

PXL_20231015_103016738.jpg

PXL_20231015_102957673.jpg