Club Run Sunday 27 August 2023

Moira

Well who knows what the weather is going to bring in the morning I’m losing faith in the forecasts as they seem to get it wrong . That said I’ve spoken to the Organ Grinder ( John) I’m merely the Monkey 🙈 that posts the rides.

We will stay local just in case the rain comes around midday the plan is to go to # Nom , Flyford Flavell as it was very nice there last time we went . I hear moans it’s too close we will be putting a big loop in and for those that live nearby you have the option of doing a loop on the way home .

We will be turning right a Priest Bridge and then first right down the road to Himbleton .

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

Well it turned out okay a bit chilly to start with but luckily we missed the rain .

Starting from TB were John , Julie, Tim and me . We picked up very briefly Tony S and Leigh . Sorry Tony didn’t get chance to speak to you but John said you’d been out since 8 am hence the brief ride with us .

Next we picked up Steve and Barry who went on the front for which I was thankful as it was quite windy .Tim turned off too so we were dropping like flies .

We did a big loop round past the airfield and I clocked up 38 miles to the cafe. We were all looking forward to the tea , cakes and tea cakes but when we pulled up there was bloody cyclists everywhere !!

8 from Redditch were sitting outside and then on the opposite side about 12 from Solihull who were still waiting for there refreshments . So we were relegated to inside where it was busy too . Two tables with normal people on which left us to gather round a small table . Luckily 4 of the normal people left so we jumped onto there table .

Leigh , Ivor and Pete were already there . We had quite a lengthy wait but Cat and Mick the new owners did a good job and we got our drinks and food. Think they just need to tweak how they do things . The food was lovely again.

While we were waiting it poured down so we got the last laugh as the Redditch and Solihull lot had to dash inside with there drinks/food and we had the only free tables .I must say they did make the place look untidy once the rain stopped they headed off.

Leigh set off for home first then we left .It’s amazing by Steve’s house which is only 2.5 miles away the roads were dry .

Alan and Chris were a no show as they had 3 plaster boards to put up before the plaster comes tomorrow. Hope all went well Chris 🤣🤣

A couple of photos below . Well maybe not don’t why they’re not downloading . I’ll add them later . 

IMG_1910.thumb.jpeg.d6591b906205a61974d3296c97facae1.jpegIMG_1912.thumb.jpeg.64e986690d395e6c301eee3c0da4aba8.jpegIMG_1913.thumb.jpeg.2827974d9e443700cd0c52657d6446bf.jpeg