Club Run Sunday 6 August 2023

Moira

Well it’s pouring down here in Stoke at the moment I’m sure it’s probably raining  in Bromsgrove too let’s hope it rains it’s self out by tomorrow 🤞🏻

Thought we’d try a new venue in an old location so here goes Koffee and Cake 2 Bridge Street , Pershore .

Yes I’ve checked it’s open on a Sunday .

We will be going out via Priest Bridge , Little Inkberrow , Fladbury and then then the short way home .

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

Setting off from TB were Bev, Moira, Tim, John and me. John was suffering from the onset of a cold and wasn't feeling too good. He said he might cut it short but would see how he felt. He had his new socks on which matched his Saracens top, perfectly... Thanks to Moira so it was hoped this might help 😁

We set off picking up Barry, Dave M and Leigh on the way.

We went the long way round and arriving at the café Steve and Jen were waiting for us. Unfortunately Koffee & Cake was full so we headed off to Coffee 1. I am pleased to report that John made it to the café... What a trooper he is! It's a pity it was full as Moira said the cakes looked lovely. Perhaps next time we will get in to sample them. 

A bit of confusion as to where to leave the bikes with some opting to take them through the shop to the back. While others left them out the front. Suffice to say they were still there when we came out.

Moira chivvied us along as rain was expected. She wasn't wrong as we encountered a few heavy downpours on the way back and a great big puddle to cycle through. That was fun! Not 😄.

Bev and Dave decided to go back via Berry Lane. Bev going on her jollies for a few days wanted to get back. The rest of us headed back via Flying Horse Lane and back over the Lickeys.

I have to say the rain was intermittent and heavy. I asked the others if they'd got puddles in their shoes but it seemed that was just me.

A good ride with great company but the weather could have been kinder to us.

Pics below, including the aforementioned socks. 😆

PXL_20230806_105032999.jpg

PXL_20230806_102003251.jpg

PXL_20230806_101947018.jpg

PXL_20230806_105031674.jpg

As Julie said, I have a very snotty nose, but I am pleased that I got all the way round today.  As for the socks 🧦, I keep being told that I should be colour coordinated🤷‍♂️. Oh well.

It was a good ride (apart from the rain), I am taking Julie’s advice, paracetamol, and feeling a bit better 🫰.  So see y’all soon. 🚲