Club Run Sunday 2 April 2023

Moira

I have spoken to John the real Boss I am merely his secretary 👩‍💼 

We are going to The Railway Carriage Milcote best way to get a tailwind home apparently.

We will be going out via Feckenham and up that little steep hill to the ridgeway.

We will be meeting at 9.30 am it’s now spring.

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

1 hour ago, Steve T said:

Goodo Bosses 1 & 2 and Happy Birthday to Mick - or is he just fooling us, given the date? I'll meet you at the end of Bouts Lane on the A422 Inkberrow - Cookhill Rd at c10.15ish. I'll get the train back.

It’s the right date Steve I’m 65 today😩😩

Starting from TB this morning were John , Bev and me so a bit short on numbers.

Bev cheated and drove there as she was worried about the distance as she’s been away in France. Bev also was far too optimistic about the weather and was wearing fingerless gloves 🧤.

Off we set picking up Steve on Bouts Lane where we turned left and Bev with her very red fingers turned right for a shorter route.

It was windy on the way out but we soon made it to the railway carriage and got a lovely seat inside by the log burner which was on. So it was not only the teacakes that were toasty. After a good chat with Steve and John reminiscing about there younger days and the training that they used to do  ( oh yester year how fit they were 🤣)

Fully refreshed off we set back towards Binton where John and Steve were racing each other to the top I obviously left them to it and watched from behind . John won 🏅 

I was told it would be more of a tail wind home but alas it wasn’t Mr Shelley got the wind direction wrong today either that or it just changed round when we were in the Railway carriage. 

I could certainly felt my legs the last few miles and so went the short way home . Think I went that slow when I left John that I nearly came to a standstill 😝

A couple of photos to prove we went out. 

517C6A0A-020F-4002-931A-ACE2D10F415D.thumb.jpeg.5fa201ef230b8fcb3544a51c723b0a71.jpeg8B1EDE96-2F25-4709-B1E1-CDA409A1FE6B.thumb.jpeg.8d96226a228e03ca3f570ef56a8c2439.jpeg9480B95A-C578-45A0-BF02-F0A812255298.thumb.jpeg.8aef7959f5ea96abb40aa44caf8d6f5a.jpeg

Well done you three (and Bev) 

I started out intending to meet up, but had underestimated both the wind and the windchill. I eventually turned round near Inkberrow having realised I should have donned overshoes and thicker gloves; didn't get any warmer on the way back! 

Tuesday doesn't look any warmer either! 

Well, I don’t think the wind was all that bad, but it did change direction while we were in the cafe. 🤪
It was nice to go over to the east for a change, that old Railway Carriage is looking a lot better nowadays, well worth a visit. It’s always good to go up Binton Hill, but possibly not everyone would agree 🤣.  
The weather was overcast all day, but not too bad, and I said to Moira, I bet the sun 🌞 will come out when we get home.  I am writing this with the sun shining through the window.  🤷‍♂️🚲

Roger and I did nearly 50 none stop it was rather chilly.

With your early start we would have arrived after you’d finished breakfast and left for home. We headed out more easterly towards Balsall Common and pleased to say no problem with the wind either direction.