Club Run Sunday 15/1/2023

Moira

After popular demand I am back 🤣🤣🤣

Firstly a Happy New Year to everyone . 

I haven’t cycled since the 6/12/22 due to cold weather, covid and a holiday but at last I plan to head out tomorrow so it will be a steady pace hopefully that it okay with everyone.

I’ve spoken to the real boss ‘ The Shell Master ‘ the wind is from the west apparently so the plan is to head out to De-Beers Garden Centre , Hartlebury . Depending on how bad  the wind is and my lungs/legs will depend on how big of a loop we do .

We will be starting from TB 10 am. Steve going out via Coalash Lane but turning right at the bottom so if you’re out meet us there.

10 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

Well what can I say the fabulous four starting from TB was ‘ The Shell Master ‘ , Gordon , Leigh and myself . 
A little bit of rain on the way to TB and quite windy . We’d only just turned right at Coalash Road when Gordon had a rear puncture. He had metal tyre levers ,  never seen them before !! Gordon found a small piece of metal in his tyre and with the use of John’s tweezers he managed to get it out. He needed Johns thumbs to get his tyre back on so it’s not only me who can’t manage that 🤣🤣🤣

The Redditch came past us as Gordon was just finishing up . I must say there was a right gaggle of then 10 I think. 
So off we set as we approached Pig Hill I insisted that we turned right to miss it didn’t want to go up that on my first ride in 5 weeks . Again John the little trouble maker wanted to do a bigger loop again but I again declined and they came with me . 

On arriving at the cafe Chris P and Roger were there having just sat down so just as well we didn’t do the bigger loop .

Gordon very kindly bought the tea as it was his Birthday 🎉 yesterday a young 73 years.

Then Chris Poole arrived and nearly sat in a high chair that would have been a sight 🤣🤣

Off we set for home the magnificent seven going back via Chaddsley and Drayton I soon fell of the pace on the hills a bit of a silly way back for me on my first ride but no pain  no gain.

We even had the sun 🌞 out at times a nice ride , good company but gosh do I need to get back to it and on the pace. 
Some photos attached.

EFD0872B-4CAD-4B6C-9E15-B2E04C6EC599.thumb.jpeg.dbb1a01acc0e255ef5e76064dacb0fb3.jpegF619F267-FF96-44CB-92FC-FC00249F5913.thumb.jpeg.7821f5d35bfbaae177ab592fc1310cb6.jpeg7B6F1540-FA81-4EDA-AB02-68FBCA62BEC2.thumb.jpeg.f5891610b713aebd8a0da5a4ce16f7a5.jpegC2E57A1C-55F6-40CE-85BB-07016E8AECAF.thumb.jpeg.ef233afbb04eba4c5e4bda9525cea6bb.jpegEA3694B7-CC9A-4E64-8482-78E174FCEF8C.thumb.jpeg.92ed052bcf91e7d2372f1162281b282b.jpeg

Nice write up Moira.

Roger and I took similar route via Elmbridge nice to have the

sun out pity it wasn't much above 3.5 degs.

A good change going to De Beers haven't been there for a few years.

As John said nice to have a small group to ride with on the way home.

A good catch up discussing everyone doctor trips.