Club Run Sunday 10 th July 2022

Moira

Steve has very kindly invited us round to his house for tea and toast in Dormeston we aim to be there between 11.15 - 11.30 am.

We will be going out  via Priest Bridge turning right going past Philpott’s Towers and then onto North Piddle Lane.

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴 

What a lovely sunny day it’s been today ideal out on the bike . A big thank you for Steve and Jenny for hosting this morning. Jenny your garden is beautiful 🌸 

Ten of us out this morning starting from TB Micky D , Tim , Leigh , John , Bev and me . We picked Barry , Steve and the Philpott’s en route. A nice ride out rotating round nicely nothing really happened on the way out.

On arrival at Steve’s , Bev’s Kevin was already there having ridden there on his new motor bike . Most of the boys were excited about it and we even had to watch him ride off before we could leave . The song Leader of the pack came to mind.

Steve was Jen’s assistance in the kitchen after putting the tea cakes under the grill he came out for a chat getting distracted luckily Jen caught them before they were totally burnt. I was very happy as that is exactly how I like mine done. They had the biggest ever tea pot I have seen . 
Jen gave the girls a guided tour around there garden Christine was showing off naming most of the plants 😜 I’m jealous as I can never remember the names.

During our tour Chris P and a very brightly clothed Roger arrived to enjoy the refreshments. We had a lovely chat in the garden before heading off into the sun again.

Now I did take some photos but apparently have ICloud storage issues so they won’t transfer to my IPad but luckily Chris P took some and I’m sure he’ll post them later.

For those going to Defford on Tuesday as it is going to be hot again we are going to go out half an hour earlier so please adjust your times ( meeting Bungay Lane at Timberhonger Lane at 9 am )

Julie I can hear you moaning from here but you have two weeks off in the sun lying in ever morning no doubt so any early start will do you good 😝😂😂

Yes, it was a good ride today, every thing seemed to come together nicely.  The weather was on our side for a start, and we had more riders out than we have had for quite a while.  It was very nice of Jen and Steve to invite us all to their house and garden for refreshments, thank you both very much, I was very impressed, such a pleasant and quiet place to live. I was rather looking forward to seeing Moira"s photos, but c'est la vie, have to wait to see Chris's.  🚲

Thankee all for the thankees, glad you enjoyed the tea and teacakes, despite my impression of King Alfred in burning the latter. Lucky that Moira was on hand to woof 'em down. The flypast at least distracted folk from my ineptitude and Jen's forgiven me. Some good pics but not for release to an unsuspecting public, as the first two suggest 'care in the community' contenders, out with their carers!  See you Tuesday (on day release).