Steady Run Sun.29th. Dec.

rovi

I'll set off around 10:00 and aim to get for for Hillers at around noon 

Sean, I dont know what is like by you, but as Chris has already said its white over here.  A quick look on our outside thermometer and it reads -4

I have just had a quick walk up the lane and its flipping lethal to be honest.  All that standing water has consequently frozen, making the back lanes very dangerous. So with that in mind, you may want to choose your route over carefully?

Sorry to hear all the sad tales of ice and crashes. I have had a glorious ride in the forest. Plenty of running clubs about . The scenery was spectacular and the coffee at the visitors centre even more so. But I have to admit it was very cold .however, I am home now and feeling very pleased with myself as I sit in front of the fire.

Just had call from Owe H. Bromsgrove group hit the deck at Chateau Impney. Waiting to see if they need assistance. Side roads here are still white over.

Hope everyone is relatively okay?

I have also decided to give it a miss today, just done 50 miles on the turbo instead :screwy

Still a couple of Saracen winter riders.

Michelle had an all day pass and didn't want to miss the chance of a few miles.

Decided to start a little later and pushed of about 10:15.

Thought we could make our way to Hillers via Alcester & Bidford and

get to the cafe in time to meet everyone.

On arrival no bikes thought we must have made good time.

After an hour of talking or just listening plus tea & cakes it would appear the rest of the club

Had stayed in bed.

Took a steady ride back via the lanes to Tardebegge and home over the Lickeys roads

not to bad but some icy patches we both stayed upright.

Well done to all those who ventured out today, having driven down to the gym at something past 10 this morning I doubt if I would have stopped upright for long on the icy lanes round by us.

Just finished my session and back to the changing rooms only to have a phone call from Ed to say Jenny and Owen had fallen off with a number of other riders from the Bromsgrove.   Glad to report no long lasting serious injury was done.

Archived