B Run 16th August - (With photo and video)

Sean Barker

I agree with Ivor the Railway carriage would be a good bet!!

I can't even remember the last time we went there???

Subject to me recovering somewhat as the prospect of sitting on a saddle at the moment brings tears to my eyes!!!

Is so in order to avoid that dreadful repetitive outward route (Flying Horse Lane etc etc etc) we can go out using last Sunday's route or similar:- Alvechurch or Rowney Green, Ullenhall, Great Alne, Temple Grafton etc.

If we leave Tardebigge circa 09.45 we would be riding back towards the direction that Sean will hopefully be coming from!!!

Yes Kay, well for the B run anyway.

I'm hoping one of the C run leaders will give us some information on that run if indeed it is on this Sunday

I do know that Dave Mitchell is racing today so will make a late decision as to whether or not he is up to a club run tomorrow but perhaps Ivor or Tony (if they are riding) can shed a little light on matters.

Also I will be looking for money from the members who have entered to Audax but have yet to pay. :)

And should anyone wish to still join there are three places left

Firstly I will be at Rednal at 9:15 and then head on to Tardebigge to meet up with Chris and the rest of the group.

It will be around twenty five miles there and the same back.

Not sure where the A's are going but hopefully the same venue as I want money! :lol2

Ha ha haaa Sean! I've given my audax entry fee and Owen's to Mickey Rourke, but I do have Dave Cunningham's on me still! I believe Alec was completing his entry online last night. 

Not sure where the A's are going yet, but as Lee '50 Shades' De Grey has returned from what can only be described as a harrowing holiday I think we're planning on a ride to Pershore as it's one of Lee's fave destinations. :)

Well don't we all look a happy bunch, with the possible exception of myself!

Great picture by Sean Camden who voluntarily sacrificed his own chance of "getting in on the act"

The only others missing are Duncan and his good lady wife who took the opportunity to make a guest appearance by popping-in to see Dad!

Sean really "captured the moment" of what was a splendid day out on the bike in great company & enjoyed I'm sure by all involved!!! (Further to follow after I have my tea!)

Sean B. Came to Tardebigge with Richard K. Via Rednal where they had seen Ivor, Barry & Kay who were making their own most direct way to Milcote.

The former joined-up there with Peter, Tim, John, Sean C. & myself.

Following a brief discussion re the outward route John's suggestion of the reverse of our normal return route was agreed upon:- Vis-a-vie

Upper Bentley, Cruise Hill, Headless Cross, Sambourne, south of Studley, Great Alne, Billesley, Binton, Welford.

In the absence of the "resident engines" Messrs Weaver & Young, Sean  C. & Tim did a fair imitation of pace-setting at times causing me to be shed on a few occasions.

However with the Stirling & much appreciated assistance of Richard the group remained intact.

The stop, refreshment & meeting with our aforementioned club-mates was most enjoyable, albeit the major topic of conversation was previous experiences of surgical procedures & interventions.

The general consensus was to make the return journey en masse under the guidance, supervision & "watchful-eye" of Ivor (Yoda) MYTTION.

Stratford race-course, Ann Hathaway's cottage, Wilncote, Morton Baggott, Shelfield, Ullenhall, Tamworth in Arden & Weatheroak.

Albeit at a modest & restrained pace Ivor (ever the gentleman) provided "lantern rouge" guidance & company for Kay over the latter miles!

A Great incident-free "proper Summer's day" was enjoyed by ALL!!!

• Sean Barker changed the title to B Run 16th August - (With photo and video)

Dear All

You need to view the video if you haven't already done so!!!!

The earlier part of it is particularly significant as it features yours truly!:-

Having viewed it several times as you would all expect:-

I FEEL JUST LIKE AN "OLD PRO"

NO NOT LOOKING LIKE ONE, GOING TO SEE ONE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!

Sounds like the B group had a great day! Great photos and footage chaps :) Love it!!!

Chris P had his camera out for the A run, but I can only hope that the photos never see the light of day!!! The A's were out, but Pershore was not our destination. No, it turned out the dizzying heights of Chipping Camdem was to be our port of call last Sunday!

The group consisted of:

Chris Pardoe
Kevin Young
Tim Farmer
Lee '50 Shades' De Gray
Kevin Sargent
Alec Wright
Dave Sexton
Owen Hazlewood
Hannah Smith

I can't tell you the route we took. I just know it was long, and in the end exceptionally hilly. How Owen ever managed the climb fixed is frankly beyond me. Hazlewood Snr would have been uber proud to see his youngest fly up that mountain in the middle of nowhere! I'd like to say I saw his achievement, but I blew big time and got off... yes, got off my bike, in humiliation and frustration. :-( Not a great omen for the upcoming audax that's for sure. 

The cafe was both much needed and utterly delightful and after smashing cake and coffee we head off in the direction of Stratford. Dave Sexton peeled off first, heading home on his own. Chris Pardoe, after pushing my exhausted self up one final dig, turned off for home. Next the Worcester duo left the group to get back to 'the City'; leaving Tim, Kev Y, Owen, Alec and myself to get back to Bromsgrove.

All arrived at their starting points safe and sound and in one piece. Despite my ruddy awful first attempt at this particular climb I am eager (once the legs are feeling stronger) to attack and conquer that climb. 

In the meantime, I hope to redeem my climbing skills at the autumn audax! A tough and testing day to say the least!

Dear All

You need to view the video if you haven't already done so!!!!

The earlier part of it is particularly significant as it features yours truly!:-

Having viewed it several times as you would all expect:-

I FEEL JUST LIKE AN "OLD PRO"

NO NOT LOOKING LIKE ONE, GOING TO SEE ONE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!

Might be a good idea to let things down there completely clear up first!

Archived