SCCA 50k 4up TTT ride report

SCCA 4up TTT ride report

2/8/15     K52/50k

post..thumb.jpg.389abc3e54e8323080c47c19

Saracen testers...

M.Hazlewood....... Cap't on the road...... (straight 6)

J.Poole................. Power house............. (V8)

O.Hazlewood....... Poetry in motion....... (V6)

K.Sargent............. Pedestrian................  (wankel)

H.Smith................ Pit lane crew.............  (moped)

We carbo loaded the night before,              We carbo loaded in the mourning,

courtesy of Hannah's fine cooking...            courtesy of Micks toaster....

dinner.thumb.jpg.547e236ee43743de7e55a34               toast_1.thumb.jpg.41757077f154a143d74b3c                                                                                   

After a pep talk from the boss, we hit the road, my heart rate shoots up to the max, and beyond. we all do turns, pulling at the front, but we have never ridden together as a team before, but we are united by the Saracen kit, and an over riding urge not to fail your team mates. we push on.

pep_talk_1.thumb.jpg.14827ef8087eadbb17c 

The first turn is straight into the wind, we all fresh and we blitz it, we negotiate the second turn, a roundabout, and the wind is with us, I start to struggle to keep up, even wind assisted!! it's pushing them as well as me!! My Garmin is counting down the miles, but not fast enough. I'm in a world of hurt. We pass Hannah jumping up and down and screaming encouragement. I laugh, but only for a second....

hr.thumb.jpg.e4d66e8c6c11be62dcd0fa736b4

I make to mile 28.73, before I blow a gasket, Owen was pulling on small incline, at HR 194 I was out, ashamed, I roll to the finish.

team_1.thumb.JPG.b67ef17c965ff9f41e539ab

Even though my lucky red shoes clash with the kit, I have no reason to be grouchy, as we rode together as if it was meant to be, it was a fantastic event, with a great atmosphere, and when we checked the results...

results_1.thumb.jpg.b7d00f0ade1c30bd2178

Saracen RC finished the 50k course in 1h 17m 46s placing us 11th from 21 teams.

The after race party was just perfect, sunshine, jacket potatos with beans and a pint.

party_1.thumb.jpg.ec6b20ee17ced79a675cb0

Mid Shropshire Wheelers won the event in 1h 06m 35s

focused_1.thumb.jpg.3913575a9384e2911ae0

Great report Kev.  A great event and and most certainly one to put in the diary for next year.    A good old school course on A roads with a few undulations and bad road conditions to negotiate  but very little traffic to be concerned about.

As always it was good to be in the team with my team mates and  very well done to all of you.

A big thanks to Hannah Moped for looking after us all weekend and being there to support us with her usual enthusiasm. 

Keviiiin - you sir are the master of Saracen race reporting! What a phenomenal retelling of an awesome team effort :)

O and I howled at the team pic taken after the event with your trout mouth face!

You have nothing to be ashamed of. Your efforts, both individual and as a team, are valiant and impressive.

It was an honour and a pleasure watching the four of you co-ordinate and communicate and I'm pleased the words of encouragement helped. 

Defo want to get a Saracen B team together for these 3up and 4up events! 

Fab job chaps and thanks for such a great report Kev!!!!

Kevin I would also like to say that those race photos of the team in full kit are excellent. If you created your own photo page in the gallery and put them in there then they would not only be an easily accessible record of the event but they would then appear on the banner at the top of the forum page.

Go on do it :)

I see you've done it Kevin. :)

Top quality and it really makes the front page more colourful and inviting.

I think it's important to keep a regularly updated stream of photos on that banner but they need to be displaying club colours in the way yours do.

Top work :) 

Archived