B Run Sunday 26th July

Sean Barker

Again it's looking decidedly wet/miserable for another Sunday!!!!!

Dare I suggest Kinver if we get that far before the wet-stuff engulfs us once more!!!

I will R.V. with Sean (Because I know that he will be there, come what may but God Being Willing) & any other potential "Heroes" @ Tardebigge. 

Well it certainly was very, very wet, cool (bordering on cold) but how could one be miserable, even if one wanted to, in the presence of such stoic positive-minded youthful colaborators as Sean, Alan Weaver, Hannah, Owen & "David the Guest" Cunningham?????

After short deliberation under the shelter of the fly-over @ Tardebigge as to the destination venue the "Kenty" suggestion was accepted, as being the least distant (as it appeared that the "wet-stuff" was "in for the day" and with several options of final stopping location.

Stourport was reached without incident although it's fair to say that the lanes local to there were flooded in places, with yours-truly sustaining a front-wheel puncture, which deflated rapidly to the rim on entering the town-centre and necessitated the efforts of three to undo the quick-release sufficiently to enable it's release from the fork-end dropouts!!!

Despite their sodden-state Everyone waited, helped, encouraged or verbally abused the author, who was unable to feel his fingers!

The Cafe' was as busy & pleasing as we have become acustomed to, with Master Cunningham making a bid for the "fry-up crown" by dispatching an all-day big breakfast with apparent ease and after pleasant banter the thoroughly wet return journey was undertaken by the intrepid six!!!    

A great ride with great company - a great day spent enjoying everything that an English summer has to offer! :happy: It can literally only be described as a hilarious amount of rain!

A great report Kenty, thank you for your guidance and suggestion. 

A thoroughly miserable day in terms of the weather (cold and wet) but the company was as ever thoroughly delightful.

No matter how hard the rain belted us in the face Hannah’s smile was as constant as it was infectious. The sight of Dave and Owen sprinting up every testing hill was impressive while the rest of us old heads and fixed wheeler chose a steadier pace on the climbs.

Thanks Chris for a great course and everyone for the great company.

Just a quick question for anyone who may be in the know.

When is summer coming or did I miss it?

Archived