Sunday 26th July Forest run

ChrisP

Only in the UK in JULY do cyclists still have to use the phrase 'weather permitting'!!!

Having spoken with both Alec and Speedy this morning they have informed me that both will be absent as a result of today's poor forecast. Alec made an executive decision and got up early to get in some morning miles ahead of the wet stuff.... legend!

O and I are still deciding what to do - going to play it by ear but judging from the forecast it's not looking great! :-/

Set out as usual just light drizzle.

Put on my new club rain top, which I have used for the past

few Sundays since I brought it.

Saw Chris Thompson returning home in Northfield appeared to have forgotten his water wings.

Or had been under orders from Michelle not to get to dirty as they're of on holiday in the week

and the washing should be kept to a minimum.

Got to the Forest 9:30ish and found a very low turnout.

1rvwhy.jpg

2yl9oqb.jpg

Decided to try Tardebigge but must have been a little to late, boy scout skills spotted tyre tracks on road.

But turned left at the bottom of the lane thinking of Hillers looks like I should have taken a right thinking of Bathams.

Ended up swinging back to Wychbold then round to home via Chaddersley Corbett, Belbroughton and once again

up Dayhouse Bank.

Nice to see I wasn't alone out there today but I should have know that Chris K needs the club points.

Archived