Steady run 9th. June. Sun.

rovi

Well it looked like it would go pear shaped when Ivor declared that he would not be able to lead today's 'B' run. I thought about stepping into the breach but did not know a route to the Wyre Forest via the lanes and I don't think anyone wanted to be stopping to look at the map every five minutes. I could have led a nice route to Kinver from Bellbroughton but then if nobody turned up I would have had a wasted journey.  The alternative was to join the 'A's, who were destined for the Railway Carriage, by meeting them at Hillers.  Mandy and I picked up Paul Haynes there and decided to push on.  We were caught by the 'A's just the other side of Bidford and managed to get on the back of the group who were not exactly hanging about. There were a couple of red faces among them as the pace was about 19-20 mph. We soon arrived at the Carriage and had a great break. The group split for the homeward journey as some had to be home early for social commitments.

We had a rapid return with the wind right behind us.

Today's cast: Tony Shardlow, Ken Haddon, Kev Young, Chris Pardoe, Pete Cooper, 'Gary of the Beacon', John Shelley, Paul Haynes, Mandy and Dave Mitchell.

"All's well that ends well" thanks to our web site.

Archived