A & B Runs Sunday 4th July

ChrisP

Destination The Coffee Shop Kineton weather permitting.

Start 9:30ish.

Route.

Weatheroake

Earlswood

Hockley Heath

Hatton

Norton LLindsey

Hampton Lucy

Charlecote

Wellesbourne

Morton Padox

Kineton

Return via Stratford 

I will be at Tardebigge for 09.35hrs and subject to weather conditions, numbers & the majority view of 'B' run combatants will also head for Kineton!

It would be helpful if any member intending to come & making the Rednal departure for 09.15hrs will post as such, otherwise I will feel obliged to be at Lai ling myself to lead the run from there!! thereby adding extra miles to what wil lbe a potentially long ride!!!!! 

Man, my legs!!!! Great run today boys! Thoroughly enjoyed the company and the route. I'm sure Chris P will pop up a full ride report, but I just wanted to say thanks for another great day, and a nod to new rider Alec Wright. Very new to cycling (only been riding for the last three weeks), had not ridden with a group before, and only yesterday fitted SPD SL cleats, Alec braved the long ride to Kineton and held his own both there and back, despite his fatigue the last few miles coming home.

Furthermore, hearing about Alec's history of injuries his efforts today are even more impressive. I hope Alec joins us on a few more club runs. Great team spirit by all today and it made the day a pleasure.

However, I must apologise to you boys for my slight strop at the cafe! But to be fair, that toast DID take forever to get to the table! Still, other than that, nice cafe with a good view for some amazing cars!

We were but 4:- Laura, Pete, Tim et moi!

But despite this a great day out was enjoyed by All.

In view of our shortfall a less ambitious destination was agreed upon! Stourport on Severn via Hcolt Fleet, Holt Heath, Shrawley & Astley,

On outward route we were caught & passed by VC Sprint group of Ladies, Junior & Vets before their main group did likewise just after Stoke Prior.

The cafe' was top-drawer as always with a beer-free return till Blackwell!

A group of  ten set of for The coffee shop at Kineton 9:30 a new destination.

Riders,

Tim Farmer  (welcome to Tim our latest recruit )

Lee De

Kev Speedy

Kev Y

Hannah

Owen H

Mike  H

John s

Myself

Plus Alec Wright guest.

Well done to Alec as he'd never ride'n so far before look forward to him joining us next week.

Don't know how far was done from the Forest but I clocked 95 miles by the time i reached home.

The cafe was a good find and good day was had by all.

Came back after showing them Edge Hill via Stratford, Great Alne, Studley, Astwood Bank and Tardebigge.

Only upset one puncture on the way out then a couple of heavy showers on the way back.

oire41.jpg

27xqzio.jpg

We seem to have lost a wheel somewhere, can't trust these mechanics.

10x5yxy.jpgTime for a well earned tea and breakfast stop.

j09y5e.jpgsmvmdl.jpg21njinm.jpgacfj0i.jpgJust a couple of pic's to prove i was there.

206y7f8.jpg29l0bx4.jpgLets hope the sun keeps shining for a few weeks.

Archived