Steady run 26th Sun.

rovi

Another lovely ride in the lanes down to Wellesbourne and back my thanks to  Ivor again. I missed you guys again but managed to team up with a group from the Beacon who as luck would have it were going to the same cafe. Met up with the A/B group and what seemed like half the midlands cyclists.  rode back with the Bs at what to me felt like a fair old lick at times.http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1351379

We joined the B's at Silver Street for a brisk ride in the warm sun. Absolutely swarms of cyclists out today and thankfully some of the Beacon on their '100 in 8' found Colin B wondering aimlessly round in circles.  They transferred him to our A's who safely led him to the cafe.  When we B's arrived at Charlecote we found that most the Solihull RC had beaten us to it.  There was much shaking of hands with old friends. Just as they were leaving our A's arrived.

Thanks Ivor for another superb ride down another great route.

A group : Ken Haddon, Kev Young, Chris Kent, Tony Shardlow, Chris Pardoe and John Shelly.

B group : Ivor Myttion, Barry Lucas, Colin Bradley, Pete Cooper, Mike Hazlewood, Dave and Mandy Mitchell and 'Gary of the Beacon'.

p10006461.jpg

The A group

p10006451.jpg

The B group

At long last blue sky's and shorts.

6 of us met up at the Forest KenH TonyS Kevin JohnS ChrisK and my self. MickH was undecided and thought

He would get an easier ride by going to Silver St. Couldn't have been to easy as he came back with us.

We rode at a steady pace and made our way to Charcote via Astwood, Bearley, Snitterfield etc.

Met ColinB as we arrived must have been doing extra miles having started out before Ivor.

I think we out numbered the Solihull good job their other dozen runs didn't turn up.

Great to see Janet Carbutt looking fit shame she's in the Solihull.

After tea and toast we did a tour to return home via Loxley, South Quinton, Bidford and the usual trip

Back to Tardibegge. MickH held on ok but had left his car at Silver St. Hope Ed gave him lots of stick for being so late.

Lets hope the sun keeps shining!!!

Archived