A & B Runs Sunday 7th June 2015

ChrisP

B Run

Ladies & gents I propose that the B run also heads for Hidcote Gardens, which is actually closer to Mickleton than Chipping Campden!! as suggested by Chris Pardoe.

I suggest we also take the same outward route: so rather than a second meeting point of Tardebigge after the Rednal meet/start I will be at the junction of Agmore Lane & Stoney Lane (which is almost opposite Wharf Lane).

The run will then turn left into Stoney Lane towards Grange Lane & Cobley Hill.  

Yes Chris I'm sure that Sean will be there!

For the benefit of those who would normally be at Tardebigge the location I have referred to for the second meeting place where I will be is as follows:-

Ride under the bridge carrying the Bromsgrove - Redditch (A448) main dual carriageway to the 'T' junction B4096 Hewell Lane: turn left towards Burcot past Redditch Prison (Hewell Grange) before turning 1st right down hill to junction where left & immediately right into Wharf Lane: then follow it to staggered 'T' junction with Stoney Lane & Agmore Lane!!! 

Hope that helps.

Apart from getting stung on the left boob by a wasp. That concludes my report.

I was always told that if you do get stung, then the best thing was to get someone to suck the venom out, or have I just dreamt that a few moments ago...... :blush:

Well today’s B run didn’t go exactly as planned but was a most enjoyable ride nonetheless.

Chris Kent led us to Welford whereupon time constraints forced him to tell us that this was as far as he could go. It was then that Chris Thompson said that the extra distance to the intended destination would mean he would also be unable to get back to a prior commitment so we decided to stop there and enjoy a café break amidst the maypole festivities.

Not quite sure what happened on the way back as Peter Cooper and I were cycling along and then became aware that Laura and Chris T were no longer with us, we stopped and waited a spell but figured that they must have taken a different route back.

A great day's cycling on the kind of day that makes you realise why you endure the miserable winter months.

Today’s B Run riders were

Chris Kent

Peter Cooper

Sean Barker

Laura (Fast) Lane

Chris Thompson 

2aklpmw.jpg

First day for shorts and summer tops.

Long may this continue.

A compact group of eight set of to try a new venue Hidcote Gardens near Mickleton.

We set of at a good pace unfortunately a tail wind on the way out again.

Flying down Cobley Hill we caught the B's Chris K deciding to take them over Rowney Green as we turned right for Redditch.

Making good time we reached Hidcote by 11:30, although the sun had bought lots of tourists out it didn't take to long before

we all had tea and cakes and were sitting outside making the most of the sunshine.

It wasn't long before Alan Philpott join us having made his way there via Stanway and Chipping Camden. 

The group was made up of.

John S

John P

Tim Farmer (a newbe friend of John P looking for company)

Dave C (guest)

Gary W

Speedy Kev

Kev Y

Myself

AWOL  Lee De

Owen H

Hannah S

John C

No doctor's notes submitted.

346qfee.jpgoa3l9j.jpg2zyjzfn.jpg2lctq3c.jpgfa08xc.jpg11cf8mf.jpgJust look at that BLUE SKY.

Great ride as usual and new stop enjoyed by all.

Fab photos chaps!!!

Sorry we weren't able to join you. Owen is still recovering from food poisoning - now confirmed by Lee De Grays own turn for the worse in health. While Owen has returned to work there has been no sign of Lee since Sat 30th May - other than a text message to Mick H describing his symptoms.

Owen and I did tootle down to the Jinney Ring late yesterday afternoon, but even that left me feeling tired and Owen feeling squiffy.

I'm racing on Saturday with the Fast Lane but should be up for a club run as normal on Sunday. Hope the clear blue skies and bright sunshine continue!

Sorry to have missed what sounded a good run, but the doctor said my body could not cope with an 80+ mile ChrisP special on Sunday morning sandwiched between 2 squash matches on Sat & Sun afternoon so I took advantage of the weather with a much shorter/slower ride (ok I wimped out).

I do have a valid excuse for next week as I’m on holiday.

Talking of excuses, 

Owen and I did tootle down to the Jinney Ring late yesterday afternoon, but even that left me feeling tired

I hope others aren’t getting them in ahead of the big showdown (Fast Lane vs Pocket Rocket) on Sat.  :biggrin:

Ha ha haaaa John! It's hard work looking after a Hazlewood! Exhausting even!

Don't worry, this week it's roller sessions, sports massage and mental prep ready for the showdown between myself and the Fast Lane this Saturday!  :wink: 

Hope your squash games went well dude! 

Hi Guys.

Alive and just about kicking !

didn't feel good on previous sunday's run !

Either the Tuna sandwiches at the RTTC were loaded or Montana's chicken....i suspect the later...!

photo's looked good as did the weather...

hope to see you all this weekend.

You cheeky....! I'll have you know that the four of us had the chicken and only two had the tuna... the two tuna eaters were the ones that were poorly!

If you ask me, it serves you both right for having your hands on another ladies baps!

Next time you'll let me prep lunch!  :wink: Speaking of which, rumour has it there's a 4TTT coming up the end of this month... on a Sunday too! You know what that means chaps!  :biggrin:

Montana, i could never comment on your baps !! i'm too much a gent !

As for the pocket rocket..you bought that Dolan yet ??

nasty little strain this...hope Ow is on the mend...went out tonight for leisurely 10m to droitwich...

hope weather hold for weekend !

Archived