Some roads to avoid in North Worcester

Sean Barker

On my way back from riding the Saracen No 1 Perm Audax yesterday I noticed that some roads have been top dressed with chippings and would as such present quite the hazard to try and cycle across.

Roads to avoid for the next week or so are Drayton Road (between Belbroughton and Drayton)

And Newtown Lane (the left turn at the top of Dayhouse Bank) the chippings are piled particularly high at this junction.

Also there is a mountain high stockpile of chippings at the depot on Quantry Lane, so I should imagine that there will be plenty more roads in the vicinity covered in the near future 

Came back via Drayton & Belbroughton today. Road not too bad but beware bends at bottom of descents. Fairfield has been comprehensively chipped but well brushed. Catshill is being done today.

Another thing to notice is that the railway crossing by the Fir Tree pub Dunhamstead is closed Saturday night, not sure how long for.

On my way back from riding the Saracen No 1 Perm Audax yesterday I noticed that some roads have been top dressed with chippings and would as such present quite the hazard to try and cycle across.

Roads to avoid for the next week or so are Drayton Road (between Belbroughton and Drayton)

And Newtown Lane (the left turn at the top of Dayhouse Bank) the chippings are piled particularly high at this junction.

Also there is a mountain high stockpile of chippings at the depot on Quantry Lane, so I should imagine that there will be plenty more roads in the vicinity covered in the near future

I rode the Drayton Rd Monday! Wet tar one side, chipping a the other! Had to carry my bike.

Ride the left after day house bank today. Ride very slowly, deep gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived