Team time trial

Owen Hazlewood, Mick Hazlewood and Lee De Gray all took part on Saturday 30th May on the 3TTT on the AS/20.

Owen and Lee were the only two entrants to compete on road bikes (steel frames too!)

Had they have been on TT bikes I have no doubt that they would of had a much quicker time. However, they completed the 32 mile course in 1:18:40, just 5 seconds slower than the next team (who were John Storrie & Bob Richards & Paul Spanner of Royal Navy & Royal Marines CA G - all of whom were on TT bikes, which is just a testament to the racing ability of our boys!)

The chaps averaged more than 24mph over the distance - again, not bad considering two out of three were on road bikes with no adaptations to make them suitable for time trialling. 

There were some big names competing at that event, Joanna Rowsell and Sarah Storey to name just two.

The full results list can be found here: http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/event/478

Unfortunately, due to work commitments, I couldn't be there to watch the chaps ride, but I did treat them all to a roast dinner when they returned home. 

All of the guys enjoyed themselves, but I think if they were to do the event next year they'd reconsider their choice of bike! 

Archived