Club Runs Sunday 31st May (With Photos)

Sean Barker

Forest 9:30 ish weather permitting.

Destination.

Bottom of Cotswolds.  new cafe somewhere between Toddington and Winchcombe.

Chris, the cafe I use it at the Hailes Abbey Fruit Farm. As you proceed from the Toddington Island towards Winchcombe it is the 2nd left turn after about 1 mile. The cafe is about 0.5 mile from that junction, bearing left before the church.

How do chaps, nurse Smith here, reporting from the sick bay.

Unfortunately, patient Owen Hazlewood is still suffering from yesterday's efforts at the 30TTT - an event in which he shared the company of Mickey Rourke and Lee De Gray. Since returning from the event the patient's health has deteriorated. 

Whether O's suffering is a result of the strenuous efforts of yesterday or a dodgy tuna sandwich (or two) consumed on site remains unclear; however what is clear is the impact it's had on his health. Painful stomach cramps, vomiting, inability to hold food or fluids and fatigue have been what sick bay has had to deal with today. 

Some may deem my absence from today's club run as inexcusable, but I'm a sucker for a poorly sick boyfriend. Sorry chaps. 

Mick popped in on his way home, and reported of valiant efforts by all made on a long ride impeded by winds and climbs! Bravo all. Wish we could have been there to ride with you guys.

A great ride today down to the new venue between Toddington and Winchcombe, but I've forgotten what it was called :lol2

It was a much longer ride than normal, I actually clocked up 87 miles by the time I got home.

On the B run today were

Chris Kent

John Shelley

Chris Thompson

Matt Barnes

Emma Barnes

Sean Barker

The A run consisted of

Kevin Sargent

Kevin Young

John Cartwright

Mick Hazlewood

Chris Pardoe

Lee De Grey

A few photos in taken in the cafe

2dabyas.jpg

35i50lz.jpg

i5x1td.jpg

2uz9ik1.jpg

And on the ride back

2mm5pts.jpg

2me8pf.jpg

2199zc8.jpg

Great ride today to the Hayles fruit farm cafe.

Thanks to ChrisP for a different and interesting route, I clocked 87miles and 1100metres of climbing @ avg 17.5mph: by far the toughest c-run I have ridden, my legs are feeling it now.

Get well soon Owen.

Hannah: a poor excuse for not coming out today! 

Great days ride although a very grey start but the rain held of all day.

Small drawback the headwind seemed to get stronger on the way back.

Six of us met up at the Forest Kevin Y

Speedy Kev

Mick H

Lee De

John C (squeaky chain. Can any lone him some oil)

Myself

Sorry Owen couldn't make it Saturday's TTT must a little to much.

Pity Hannah had to look after him I'm sure she would have enjoyed a hard ride.

The new destination to Hales Fruit Farm cafe near Toddington made a welcome stop

Just a little further than usual.

Both groups meeting there added to the days pleasure.

Thanks to Chris K for leading them there.

On leaving the cafe I took our group on a little detour over the Cotswold starting  

with the climb up Stanway Hill before heading up to Broadway Tower.

From there we dropped down towards Chipping Camden then descending Dovers Hill to Western Subedge.

Returning home via Bidford and back round to Tardebigge where we caught up again with the 

other group.

Big thanks to Kevin Y who did a great turn into the headwind from Western Subedge to Bidford

after suffering a bad day out on Saturday watching Villa at Wembley.

11jy7bk.jpg 14obnn6.jpg24owthw.jpgSorry couldn't do anything about the direction of the wind but maybe next week will

be warmer and brighter.

Archived