Further news from Hospital Watch

ChrisP

Following severe back/stomach pain during Thursday and Friday last week 

Jim George having the same problem on Saturday morning took himself of to A & E at the QE.

They duly took him in and found him a bed for the night.

Hilary and myself popped into the hospital today to see how he is.

I'm glad to report that after a few bottles of saline from the drip and an arms worth of antibiotic pumped in

he seemed to be in good form, and was tucking into a hearty meal of flan, chips and peas followed by pudding and coffee.

He still faces a scan in the morning and probably more tests so we wish well.

Will keep updating as I receive more news. 

Also on our tour of the sick we visited Mavis & Eddie.

Unfortunately progress with the second knee replacement isn't improving as fast as the first

although it is early days yet.

I'm sure thing will improve given time.

Best wishes Mavis. 

Breaking news from the QE.

Jim George's scan revealed a kidney stone had passed through and things should settle

down in due coarse.

As soon as all tubing has been removed and a box of antibiotics supplied he 

will be sent home.

This should relieve the bed blocking problems at the QE created by the ageing population.

Having spoken to him earlier it's good to know he feels better

and a worry taken of his mind.

He said he was back in time from the scan to still have lunch.

His appetite is back and hospital food is not so bad.

Well done Jim nice to have some good news. 

Chris Poole is in hospital, he had a cancerous kidney removed yesterday  at the Alex hospital Redditch. Pleased to inform you all that the operation went well the mass and kidney was removed and he is doing well.  

Chris is now out of hospital, very sore and in some pain but glad to be home. He sends is regards to everyone and hopes to be back on the bike ASAP !!!!!!!

More news from the hospital front.

Court up with BGB yesterday pushing 100 inch gear up to Weatheroak but not up the steep side.

Had a brief chat while riding round to the Peacock where had he been?

Not seen him on the bike for ages.

Reply had a heart problem been in the QE and had a stent fitted.

Was now able to get out again and would be joining in 

with the runs soon.

All the best to Bob.

Thanks for your best wishes,

I had a bit of cholesterol build up over number of years in a small artery, which made me breathless, but had no pain. I knew something was wrong. I went to the QE and they said it had caused my heart to go out of rhythm, and its a good job i went in. Luckily, i was in the house at the time. They put my heart back into normal rhythm and put a stent in the artery. I had an MRI scan to check my heart all over, and everything seemed fine. I had 4 weeks off work and have just been doing light exercise in the house. I went back to work Tuesday then went on my bike for the first time. I was thinking about each pedal stroke, my breathing e.x.t. I met up with Chris-P and told him about it. I got home relieved! I went out the next day full of confidence for about an hour and felt great. I got told off by the wife, " i thought you was only going for half an hour!" Still i've got to be patient. I've got to go back to the QE on Wednesday for an exercise assessment on an exercise bike. I hope its got a 53x11 as anything over 30 RPM will give me a major heart attack! :biggrin:

See you all whenever...

BGB   

Archived