A & B Runs Sunday 17th May

Sean Barker

Owen, Mick H and myself will be riding the Royal Sutton CC 10TT this Sunday on the K11/10T. I will of course let you guys know how we all get on!

Sorry we'll be missing a club run! Hope everyone has a blast!  :biggrin:

Speedy Kev is riding with the Bs on Sunday.  

Speedy Kev is going to the Harvester first to meet Speedy Dave, but when and where do we meet up with the Bs??

Addendum

When and where do the Bs leave from so Speedy(s) can join them???  

I suggest Kinver as our destination for Sunday but would certainly not be averse to Halfpenny Green or Stourport (excellent value cafe':humungous all-day big-breakfast).

If the latter was decided upon & subject to good weather we could always go a longer & lumpier route out via Holt Fleet, Holt Heath, Shrawley & Astley!!!!

What do you think fellow Saracens??????

Morning Speedy Kev -

The B's officially depart at 9:15 from the Lai Ling car park in Rednal - See Google Maps pinpoint here

Once they depart they tend to swing around by the Tardebigge meeting point (where we have waited in the past) for 9:30am. 

I think 50 Shades is going to get in touch with you today to discuss meeting tomorrow morning too :)

Have a great ride all!

Destination Halfpenny Green Airport.

I will try to make the Forest for 9:30 and take a longer route via Stourport and Bewdley.

If Chris K takes the Lickey's group hopefully we can meet up there can always text if any problems.

Took a new guy called Dave Sharp out on Tuesday he might turn up at Lai LIngs.

Em, the reason for two runs is that one run can go further and/or faster than the other one, even if they aim for the same cafe. Also it helps safety and road discipline by having two small groups rather than one large one. The B run should always ride at the pace of the slowest and look after stragglers. Having said that, I shall not be out on either tomorrow so can't answer for the leaders about pace and routes.

Another most enjoyable club run.

Chris Kent led us on a gentle pace over a “lumpy” course to Stourport.

Even the fast guys were restrained and were happy to amble along.

Unfortunately we lost Chris Thompson on the way due to a spectacular blow out. He patched up the tyre that had quite the tear in it as best he could and made steadily for home.

As for the rest of us it was an pleasant and uneventful day and we even managed to avoid the rain that had been forecast for the afternoon.

On today’s B run were

Chris Kent

Alan Weaver

Sean Barker

John Shelley

Tim Brueton

Lee De Grey

Emma Barnes

Gary Woodward

Barry Lucas

Chris Thompson

Hi all,  Made it home OK without any drama.  Thanks Emma for the patches,  they seem pretty well stuck on the tyre now.  Might be able to squeeze a few more rides out of that tyre now. Still,  changed to a nice new tyre, and managed to clean the bike as well, so some good came out of it.  

Six of us set of from the Forest pub for a rolling ride to Halfpenny Green/Bobbington Airfield

where we hoped to meet up with the Lickey Group.

I decided to take an interesting route into Shropshire via Stourport, Bewdley then cimb up to Button Oak

before descending to the River Severn at Arley where we crossed on the footbridge.

Climbing up the other side to meet the main Kiddy, Bridgenorth where we turned left in the direction of

Bridgenorth then after a few miles turned right back into the lanes and on our way to Six Ashes.

Unfortunately took one wrong turn which took us back to Quatt but having seen a sign for the Cider House Pub

soon regained the direction plus a lot of happy memories of many hours downing a few ciders which Chris K will recall.

Climbing up past the pub only left a few miles to the airfield.

Shame the other group didn't make it.

As you can see young Dave can put away a full English breakfast Chris K would have enjoyed.

We all stayed together until we reached Belbroughton before going our separate ways.

Well done to Young Dave on a fixed gear.

and well done to Matt for sticking to it on all the climbs which should do him well for the Tour Stage he's riding.

Kevin Young

Speedy Kev

John Poole

Matt Barnes

Young Dave

Chris P

2uhxs8o.jpg kbopcm.jpg30j7h38.jpg25uh7di.jpg

Archived