Coventry CC- Di Cooke Memorial 10 mile TT Results.

Just a short report to say that Laura Lane competed in her second time trial of the season today.

Her time of 28.36 was quicker that her last outing on the same course 4 weeks ago but a little bit

slower than her PB from last year.

I know she will be a tad disapointed because the aim was to do a PB.

There was 62 women in this well supported event which was the second race of the Midland Womens TT Series.

The conditions were tough on this out and back course with a headwind out and a tailwind back,

it remained dry but chilly.        *   It's ok I'm receiving all this by Text  !!!  *

The winner was Rachael Elliot with a time of 23.32.

Laura was 7th on handicap.

Hannay was unable to ride due to work comitments but I'm sure she will be racing again very soon to give Laura a bit of competition.

I'm sure Laura will add to this report in more depth.

Very  well done Laura.

ps,   you can now go out and celebrate tonight Laura.

Race 3 of the MWTTS is on Sat 23rd May on the K48/10,  come on girls get your entries in.  I believe Laura as already entered.

I was really nervous today. I had a time to beat and I didn't think I was up to beating it.

The weather was alright to be honest. It was dry and a bit fresh but there was a strong headwind going out on the first 5 miles. I struggled to decide how to pace myself as I didn't want to burn myself out and have nothing left for the return. But the wind was behind me on the way back which made it more pleasant.

I was chuffed to pieces when I saw I had beat, not only my time on that course, but my personal best. I was up on the board at the HQ because I was 7th overall with my handicap. I was so happy!

My next one is 23rd may. Hopefully I'll shave a few more seconds off my time again...

I really want to have a go on a time trial bike now!

Thank you for the write up Mick.

No drinking tonight. I'm laying off it again. I don't want to get told off anymore!! x

Very nice Laura! Congratulations! I was thinking of you today and I'm so pleased you've set a new PB!!!

You're defo kicking ass missus! Very proud of you! Best of luck for your next one, although I'm sure you don't need luck!!! 

Can't wait to do my next 10, and really looking forward to doing my first 25!

Are you out tomorrow Lau? Would be great to see you  :biggrin:

P.S. I told you, people only yell at you because you have potential (as you keep proving!) Knuckle down, focus on your fitness and confidence and you'll be setting some killer times I'm sure!!! And defo time t get you on a TT bike me thinks! Must have words with Mickey Rourke!  :wink:

Archived