Bromsgrove Evening '10' 2nd May

I thought that I might have had some team members to ride with but alas I was the sole Saracen.  Was not looking forward to the ride as I had ridden 48 miles in the morning and 85 on Tuesday but I wanted to support Bromsgrove OCC and get to know the course.  We had been warned that there was to be some movement of sheep across the road near the start and sure enough when I was counted down to 30 seconds to the off, they appeared. 300 of them. Luckily they were behind me but as I moved of I could not help but chuckle.  Can't imagine what went on after that but everyone got away on time thanks to the starter Ian Billington remaining calm and collected. He was counting down, stopwatch in one hand and directing sheep with the other.  No PB, 30:08 (I think) as I did not wait around much at the finish as the light was failing and I had to ride home.

Very laidback event with approx. 15 - 20 riders.  Thanks to BOCC for holding the event and also to the Saracen supporters club (Terry and Jan).

Well done Dave, you really are doing the club proud with your regular turnouts.

One of these days when I’m free I’m going to come out to one of these eventswith my camera and get some god photos of Saracen members.

Just got to find an event with a good turnout  :)

Archived