Vittoria Open Pave CG Tyre - Now in stock at Ribble

AlanW

HERE

vitttyrf2721large.jpg

Sean,

These are the tyres we were discusing on Tuesday, so if you want a quality clincher that rides just like a tub, then these are the babys for you.  Okay a bit on the expensive side, but the quality of the ride and the performance is worth the extra IMHO.

Some shops are selling these at nearly £50 each so you have to buy them when you can at the right price, this is the right price!!

Plus, there seemed some interest in the Park TB-2C Emergency Tyre Boots at the start of todays ride, Ribble also sell these - HERE

parktyrz2500000000001la.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I rode them today for the first time. Started out in the dry and second half of my 100km ride was in the wet and I must say I was impressed how they handled on both conditions.

Now if puncture resistance and longevity make the grade I could well have a new tyre of choice. 

As I said at the time when we were discussing them, I have been using them for a couple of years and I am very impressed with them.  Yes they do puncture but in my experience it is a seldom occurrence, they also suffer from minor cuts and nicks like most other tyres do.  My advice and in particular during the winter months is to check once a week for such cuts, if any are present, then deflate the tyre and add a tiny spot of Superglue in the cut then pinch the tyre together.

In truth its most probably utter overkill, but hey......it eases my obsessive mind.  :wacko:

On another note, but I have just fitted a pair of the Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres and Latex tubes to my best bike, from what I gather from various reports and reviews this combination should prove to be very fast and smooth. More info HERE

• 1 month later...

Not a problem Sean, I have just a quick flick around the usual suspects and they are all out of stock and prices are very high with others.  But I've set various e-mail alerts so I'll let you know.

Archived