Club Run Sunday 12th April

Hannah

Morning chaps,

Any ideas for a destination on the club run this Sunday?

Mickey Rourke is racing, so he won't be out with the A's. However, Speedy, Owen and 50 Shades are all riding on Sunday and we were contemplating a destination.

The A's are thinking that they would like to head to the same place as the B's so that anyone who wants a quick ride out and/or a quick ride home can do so.

I'm riding my first TT tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'm going to ride with A's or B's on Sunday... guess it depends what's left in my legs Sunday!

I sort of had a conversation with Kenty on the club evening and he said he would think of somewhere and post it up. but by all means feel free to make a suggestion yourself Hannah.

I haven't checked the weather but I was talking to Pete Cooper on Wednesday and he said there would likely be a strong wind on Sunday so I think somewhere with the wind at our backs for the return leg :) 

A cracking day’s riding in some testing and gusting winds.

The B run was led by Chris Kent and we set a brisk pace into what was for the most part a strong headwind down to Wickhamford. Unfortunately we lost Mick McClure not more than a mile from the café.

We were joined by the A run there but they had split leaving some members peeling off to Evesham for the café stop but we all regrouped for the return leg before a puncture to Lee caused the respective groups to separate again.

Today’s riders were

A group

Kevin Young

Lee De Grey

Owen Hazlewood

Hannah Smith

Kevin Sargent

Adam Hazlewood

B group

Chris Kent

John Shelly

Pete Cooper

Tim Brueton

Sean Barker

Mick McClure

Chris Pardoe

A ruddy tough day for a ride.... at time's it was hard work just keeping the bike upright, let alone moving forward!

The strong headwind caused the A's to divide on the trip out to the cafe, as Owen, Kevin and myself eased up to take some of the brunt out of the wind for Adam - who certainly picked one helluva day to join the A's out for a ride - but rode well and enjoyed it despite the conditions.

Nervous horses, impatient drivers, roadworks and new road surfaces certainly made the trip to the cafe eventful! Eventually us four made our way to Raphael's Restaurant next to the river in Evesham - and a call from 50 Shades and Kevin Young meant that we were able to regroup before heading our way home. Mick McClure also joined us just before we got to the cafe, the wind had taken it's toll on him too.

Hoping for a tailwind home, we were unfortunately treated to more headwinds and crosswinds... and not one but two punctures!

The wind, changing temps, stops and starts and bike positioning all wreaked havoc with my right knee, causing me to slow the group down towards the end. Frustrated and unusually quiet, I trundled home, helped by Owen and the two Kevins. 

Thankfully I can count on Owen to tweak my bike fit - but I do hope our audax is a little less blowy!!!

Thanks for another awesome day of riding chaps :) Adam I hope we get to see you out with the Saracens again soon! :-)

Archived