Club Run Sunday 28th April

DaveM

We had a brief talk about a run for Sunday at the cafe stop today.  Sadly Ivor won't be able to lead us out but I'm sure we wont get lost.  The suggestion was that we head for the Marina Cafe at Upton on Severn. This destination was chosen firstly, according to the forcast, the wind will be behind us on the return and the Marina is a quality cafe.  There will be a gathering at the Forest 09.30 as usual then possibly the Tardebigge.  Those living near will need to co-ordinate meeting and pick ups between themselves.  M and I have been asked to be at Feckenham for 10.00 as it is intended to avoid Flying Horse Lane.  

If you change the route to go via Droitwich, please let me know by Saturday evening.

If this run is too long for anyone we can divert to Defford.

It is intended to be a steady club run on which the needs of those with lesser ability are catered for i.e those who have completed a 200k audax the previous day or are new to the Sunday run.

If the faster members of the club would like to form an A group and perhaps take on extra miles to the cafe, nobody would be offended. 

Anyone who only wants a 45-50 mile round trip can park at our house in Droitwich, with pleasure. We would need to leave no later than 09.15

If you would like any major changes to this proposed run please shout up.

So far I think : Ken H, Kev, Chris K, Tony S and Sean making for Forest 09.30.  Barry L, possibly Colin B  and Pete C, Tardebigge 09.30.  Myself, Mandy, Paul H and possibly Tony L, Feckenham 10.00.  On to Upton.

Mike is racing early and hopes to meet us at the cafe or on route.

Dave, just to let you know Tony S is away for the weekend, but I would imagine the rest of the group will be as you predict.

You mention 10am at Feckenham for your group where will we be meeting up with you? 

I would imagine we will do the normal Flying Horse Lane route.  I did it with the Redditch guys both ways this morning and it seems to have calmed down a bit since last Thursday.

Hopefully I will try to meet you at Feckenham at 10.00 in the morning,  were abouts

in Feckenham will you meet??        let me know in the morning by text please.

I will be racing weather permiting in the Warwicks club 10 early and will come to meet you.

This is due to yet another cancelled race in Wales the 5th event this year but this time

because of a serious accident involving a drivers death which has meant the closure of

the road due to damage to the armco and a on going investigation at the scene. 

Some confusion here ! Having sampled FH Lane on Thursday, the Bromsgrove posse said they wanted to avoid it in the near future.  The alternative route via Feckenham was chosen.  I agreed, and was asked if I could be at the old 'Barretts' place for 10.00. I thought it would have been better to go via D'wich. It really doesn't matter to me. I would have ridden with caution via FH Lane. If so I would have been at the bottom end to meet up.

Don't forget the Tardebigge posse!

Need to know where I am to RV by 09.00 tomorrow.

A great day’s riding and lady luck smiled on us with good weather throughout. However
Dave had his fair share of problems with his tyre that had withered along the wall and caused the beading to separate.

Unfortunately he had to abandon and make for home on a crudely repaired tyre, hopefully it got him home.

We changed our intended cafe destination to Pershore, where we enjoyed some good banter.

Thoroughly enjoyable day, thanks guys.

Today’s riders

Dave M

Mandy M

Ken H

Sean B

Buster G

Barry L

Pete C

Paul H

Kevin Y

Mick H