Warkwicks Road Club evening 10 results

Last night 3 saracen riders were out flying the colours in the Warwicks Club 10mtt.

There was a good turn out of 18 riders in total from various local clubs.

The sun was out but there was a fair breeze behind us on the way out   which  makes the drag up through Bransons Cross towards the turn at Gorcott Hill a bit easier, and you do this twice as it's a

2 lapper but it was then a bit of a slog on the way back.

ColinB returned a time of 29.15 and he did not go off  course this week but got lost after the finish on the way back to the headquarters ( must of have brain fade ).

DaveM a time of 28.22, first time on the course ( took ordanance survey map with him ).

And myself 24.15  riding 94" fixed wheel ( I'm getting there slowly )

Winning time was set by scott Povey with a 21.19.

Thanks for dragging us to this one Mike.  Good to meet to and get to know some' of Warwicks'. As for the course, last time I rode it you went straight out and back.  Someone's gone and put the M42 in the way now!  I could not get into a rhythm with all the turns involved and that's my excuse for not improving my time. Got to admire Colin. Having felt guilty about not trying hard enough went back to the clubhouse via Weatheroak Hill!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/302367128

Yippy finally rode the proper course last night on the K37 instead of going through the finish twice :( . Due to my free wheel hub deciding to fall apart after last Saturdays TT I was on my 30 year old Mercian and guess what I think I prefer it to my new Giant (only 10 years old) So having priced up a new hub at wiggle £65.00+P&P I decided to strip it down and see if I could save a few quid. Two new bearings later( £3.00 each) and about 5 hours blood sweat and loads of making good the bloody thing is fixed and working fine, RESULT!!!! Anyway back to the evening 10 after starting a little easier, a much more comfortable 30 minutes was had, and only 10seconds slower at 29:15 so I'm happy. All this was followed by well earned pint with Mike & Dave. If the truth be known this is the main reason why I put myself through this agony.

P.S.

Oh yes and rumour has it Terry Carbutt is in training, good man. :)

• 4 weeks later...

21/05/13 Warwicks RC evening pain fest  10TT.

Well the warm up felt awful  guess that's the weekends Audax still in my legs, but hey ho I'm here now, paid me £3.00 so lets get on with it, tonight was a little different in as much that I was using or not as the case maybe a set of aero bars MH had kindly lent me. Now these are going to take a lot of getting used too as they just felt so unnatural in that streached out position so it was back on to the tops again. Managed to get round in 29:17 only 2 seconds slower than last time on this course AND I managed to catch someone for once YES!!!!! Dave M managed to beat me yet again, I will have him one day promise. So well done to him. Now Mike H was feeling a little tired tonight after a day at work for a change so I think we should all give him a big Arr  the doppy old thing even forgot to put a battery into his camera  tonight while attempting to get some shots, he did buy me a pint after so I will forgive him for that,  no I'm only joking Mike good to see you taking a rest for once.

http://app.strava.com/activities/55565030#1012682562

Archived