A & B Runs Sunday 15th March

Sean Barker

Morning Sean - The A's are planning a "slower than usual" ride out to Pershore.

Owen's still recovering from his bug, and 'Speedy' Kevin and '50 Shades' Lee De Grey are still recovering from the Bromsgrove Olympique Reliability last Sunday. We're not sure if Mickey 'Rourke' Hazlewood is riding with us as he's been enjoying the glorious sunshine and roads of Portugal.

I'm nursing an injury in a precarious place, so rather than ride my fixed I'm going to join the A's on my Domane as I have pretty much retired my winter road bike.

Weather's looking a little wet in the morning but should brighten up by lunchtime! :)

Hi Shaun, any chance the B's are going out via Tardibigge?

Han - Matt's still debating a B's on the single or an A's on the special x

Em

Yep we can pick you up there.

Kenty is going to lead and take us there in a roundabout way via the Lenches

Yes One & All you can forget them "Garmin for Dummies" DIGITAL or ANDROID devices for tomorrow because it will certainly B a "Kenty Magical Mystery Tour Special" to rival Our Great ('B')Leader iVOR (IN RETIREMENT) best "round the wrekin" routes.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! & I've had three successive Sunday soakings.

C U @ Tardebigge!!!

Hi Em, 

Hope that saddle feels more comfortable than the previous one!

With regards to Matt, it's a tricky one Em.... knowing that the B's are going to Hillers via The Lenches I would be tempted to ride with the B's on my fixed - but as I'm nursing this injury I like the idea of being able to unweight myself from the saddle easily should things get ... uncomfortable! Not an option really on the fixed!

As I said before I know the A group are planning a gentler ride than usual as they have all gone into recovery mode for various reasons and if anyone does want to ride with the boys and I we certainly won't leave anyone behind! :-)

A great ride out to Hillers as designed and led by our guide for the day Kenty.

I had nearly 40 miles on the clock by the time we rode into Hillers.

The rain held off and we remained a tight group for the day, a testament to Chris’s pace and leadership.

On the B run today were

Chris Kent

Mick McClure

Chris Thompson

John Shelly

Sean Barker

Emma Barnes

And making their own way to the café

David Mitchell

Mandy Mitchell

Derek Barton 

How did the A run go?

Good to hear you guys and gals have been getting out in this not so pleasant weather.

Now back in one piece with fellow riders John Poole and Marcus Walker from sunny/warm

Portugal I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks training and racing in

these temperatures.

Hope to catch up with you all soon on the road.

Saracen 'A' ride report 15/3/15

Destination      Coffee 1 Pershore

Riders             O Hazlewood               capt on the road

P Davie                        

M Pickford

H Smith

L Lane

L D Grey

K Sargent   

The septet of Saracens rode out through the blustery conditions to Inkberrow, Throckmorton and Pinvin to Coffee 1 at Pershore.  We had all agreed that this was to be a steady ride, and it was!! (mostly)  

O Halzewood, LDG and P Davie stretched their legs and couple of times, but it all came back together.

We even intercepted an actual road race in the vicinity of the Lenches, we soon got out of their way though.

Usual very high standard of coffee and cakes at Coffee 1.

We rode back steadily through Pinvin, Crowle and Droitwich, Laura Lane was suffering on the way back but carried on anyhow.

Stats

65m   780m ascent    av cadence 86   av HR 148 

I think I bit off more than I could chew today with the A's! But I'm so glad I went out with them. I surprised myself how far I actually got before taking it down to a more comfortable pace on the way back. It hasn't put me off though. I'll be back to normal in a few months x

Good company and lovely ride x thanks guys x

Had a great ride out today with the A's! Was really nice to ride with the boys again and it was great to see O lead as Cap'n! 

We had the misfortune of a headwind both to the cafe and back home, but we had the fortune of missing any of the wet stuff. Great pace, great ride and lovely company as always!

Good to hear the B's had a good run, I was worried whether you'd get seats at Hillers given that it was Mother's Day! 40 miles by the time you hit the cafe, Kenty really did take the team on the mystery tour!!! 

Really glad you're home Mickey Rourke! Hope to see you on the road very soon... but I'm sure not before I see you at ours for food!  :wink:   :tongue:

Archived