Ride Report.Bromsgrove Olympique Reliability ride

BROMSGROVE OLYMPIQUE RELIABILITY RIDE 8/3/15

2hztwye.jpg

Lee de Grey                       Martin Hickman              Kevin Sargent

What's got 200 legs, at least 25 beards, and three Saracens??  Bromsgrove Olympique reliability ride of course!!

The route took us from Bromsgrove to Fish hill near Broadway, out via Hanbury, Cookhill, and Evesham, over Fish Hill and back through Honeybourne, Bidford, and Astwood Bank.

Usually on these events the riders go off in small groups, so as not to disrupt traffic,  not this this one, there must have been about a hundred riders set off on one mass start!! thats what you call critical mass!!

After 4 miles of a sort of neutral zone, the powerhouses at the front leaned on their pedals going up through Hanbury woods, the peloton  disintegrates, I grab onto the coattails of the front group, heart rate through the roof, little climbs turn in monster efforts, there's no recovery(for me.) 

I hang in until the base of Fish Hill where I either, decide to ride at my own pace, or get dropped, which ever way you want to look at it. I team up with a V-Sprint rider and we ascend Fish hill, then drop down through Aston Subedge,  and enjoy the only bit of tail wind from Honeybourne to Broom.  The rain starts to fall, and it's head windy, but the end is in sight!!

Bromsgrove Scout hut never looked so good, Sweet tea and cake round off a tough but rewarding day out.

Ascent 780m, AV HR 164 Max BPM 199

Saracens

Chris Poole

Lee de Grey

Kevin Sargent

• 4 weeks later...

Archived