'B' Run:-Sunday 8th March 2015

ChrisKENT

Dear All :

I'm aware that Sean will not be with us for this event but will obviously follow Ivor,s lead & directive should he be able to make it: however can I suggest a relatively short but "lumpy"outing to Kinver with a break there at what certainly was a good cafe' on the High St.!

It's a long time since we last visited this location as a group and I believe a re-visit is overdue.

I am more than happy to R-V @ Rednal for 09.15hrs with a route out to Tardebigge in ivor's absence!!!! 

Hi guys, I may not be out tomorrow. Owen has a stubborn cold/case of (man!) flu and I suspect he will have a quiet day at home tomorrow. I'm (probably!) going to do the dutiful thing by staying at home with him, rustling him up a nice roast and doing a session on the rollers....

... With that said, if I wake up to the same beautiful sunshine and blue skies we had today O may be left to fend for himself! :-p

If I'm not at the Lai Ling for 9:15 assume I won't be attending and carry on without me!

Well:- Five trusty Saracen stalwarts (McClure, Shelley, Thomson, Cartwright, Yours Truly) and Derek "Tank" Barton set off from Tardebigge for the suggested destination but it was long before the latter was lost in the "Infamous Catshill & Rocky Lane Triangle".

Despite their lengthy wait @ the Nailor's & Mr Cartwright's valiant efforts in re-tracing it became apparent that the "Tank" had "gone down with all hands" although whether it was the impending precipitation or the lumpy-route that hastened his departure to Davy Jones's Locker may never be known!!

Still on they battled undeterred despite drizzle & gradients aplenty reaching their goal at a modest but most agreeable pace!

A wet return was inevitable and as such a more direct return route was adopted even missing the habitual Batham's stop-off by the author!

An enjoyable outing none the less in great company!! 

Hi Guys - as previous note a great run of 44 miles - established a record for this year of 800 m climbing which hurt the old legs. Suffered on the steep climbs with cramp on the return journey.

Heavy rain by the time I got home but really enjoyed the day. Thanks Chris for leading the way and the good support crew. Mike

Archived