A & B Runs Sunday 15th February

Sean Barker

The cafe stop this week will be Coffee One in Pershore

Both A and B groups will rendezvous there  :) 

The weather looks like being the best day for some time so hopefully Ivor will be out with us but if not I'll lead using the following route

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6897974

Owen has suggested perhaps Coffee 1 in Pershore for the A's.... ? He loves the big teacakes there. 

For the B's we could go to the place where the club photo was taken, in Evesham I think? Bread and butter pudding place by the river?

Or the Chicken farm in Honeybourne, where I had my birthday ride.... or the nice farm shop where I went on my first Saracen ride, that does lovely seasonal cakes. Last time we went there they were using up their asparagus crop. 

I need to start remembering place names!!!

A fantastic turn out on today's B run.

I met up with Martin and Hannah at Rednal and then picked up a large group at Tardebigge, then picking up a few more shortly after.

We made our way to Pershore at a brisk B run pace whereupon we enjoyed a leisurely café stop amidst much banter and frivolity. The A group arrived shortly after us despite hammering past us on route to the café.

I led my Argonauts home where we espied wild beasts to starboard before Kenty was lured by the sirens call and beached upon the Batham’s rocks.

Great winter’s day

Great ride

Great company

What more could you ask for?

The A Run

Mike Hazlewood

Owen Hazlewood

Kevin Young

Lee De Grey

John Cartwright

Kevin Sargent  

The’s B Run

Sean Barker

Pete Cooper

Alan Philpot

Richard Fisher

Oliver Meades

Richard Keyte

Phil Davis

Hannah Smith

Gary Woodward

Martin Hickman

John Shelly

Dave Mitchel

Chris Kent

Chris Poole

The C Run

Ivor Myttion

Tim Brueton

Dave Little

Between all three groups we had 23 riders, pretty good for February.

A fantastic weekend ride chaps. Thoroughly enjoyed the route, the cafe stop and of course the company. Was really nice to see the A's at the cafe and 23 riders out on a grey Feb day is fantastic!

Really enjoyed the ride out, good pace set by Phil Davie and Alan Philpott.

Pity to see Rich and Oli drop off in Bradley Green but considering both have barely done any riding during the winter think they both did very well. 

Very proud of myself for riding my fixed today. To have Sean look behind him on a final dig home and say 'You make riding that fixed look easy' was a huge compliment from such an experienced rider, made my day. 

As always chaps, an absolute pleasure riding with you all. Looking forward to next Sunday's adventure!!! :-D

Great ride had by the A's today, a reasonable pace was set for the outward journey taking in some

nice Worcestershire countryside through Wadborough and Defford with a slightly higher pace set

on the run into Pershore along the main road.

Good to see so many Saracen riders out today on route and at the cafe, and as Hannah said good

to see Richard and Ollie out again.

We took a more straight forward route back again at a good pace were we parted company with

Lee and Speedy who turned off for home at Crowle.

Great ride, might even get fit for Majorca in a few weeks time.

Great ride yesterday.

I enjoyed the challenge of trying to keep up with the A's (my legs ache a bit today!), the large (and much needed) toasted tea cake at the cafe and the ride back with the B's

Can't make the next few Sundays but look forward to getting back out in March.

Archived