Club Racing 2015.

Well we have now all settled into the new year and rumour has it that there is some serious

training being done by a number of Saracen members.

A small number of riders are off to Portugal at the beginning of March for a week to enjoy a

bit of warmth and sunshine and no dought a few hills to climb.

Likewise a few more guys are off to Majorca hopefully the first week of April to fine tune

there fitness.

The racing season kicks off towards the end on March with a few time trials locally and the

first local LVRC road race at Pinvin.

I know some of our riders will be entering these and I will post who is riding and where as

soon as I know.

We have our women starting there season on the 11th of April riding a 10 mile TT which is the first counting event for the Women's Midlands TT series which is run by Ruth

Eyles. The team consists of Sam, Hannah and Tracy.

We also have our 10 and 25 mile Club Championship events to look forward to later on in

the season and will post dates when they will take place.

In addition to the above there will be Club BAR championships held over the season.

There will be 3 categories as follows,

Womens:- 2 x 10 mile and 2 x 25 mile tt's. It will be the highest average speed over 4

counting events

Mens:- 2 x 10 mile, 2 x 25 mile and 1 x 50 mile tt's again based on average speed.

Veterans:- this will be as the men's on average speed but on there Standard times.

Any events throughout the UK will count towards the result so please let me know all your

results throughout the season and I will also require a printed result sheet of your

fastest counting events at the end of the season.

Only Open events will count, no private or club event results are allowed.

Anyone wishing to compete this year for the first time, I will be available to help and

pass any relavent advice on how and when to enter races.

Hopefully the new kit will be arriving at the end of February.

• 2 months later...

Rode my first  TT of the season last night on the K36 /10, the Warwicks RC had a change of course from the  usual K37 due to road works at Portway on the A437. A glorious warm sunny evening with a light NE wind greeted the 13 riders, best ride of the night was a long 23:x with most people being 1-2 mins slower. For my part I returned a 32:19 for my first competative outing on my Giant Trinity. It looks like we have 5 Saracens riding this Saturday in the Warwicks open 10 on the K33/10D first rider off at 15:01

https://warwickshirerc.wordpress.com/

Colin B.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived