A & B Runs Sunday 8th February

Sean Barker

Yep Rich, I'm out with B's tomorrow on my single speed setup... meeting at the Lai Ling car park I assumed?

So far it looks like B run comprises of Mick McClure, myself, Rich K (+1), Tim and PDavie, with possibly Oli and Chris T too.

Mick, I'm assuming that a) you're happy with Charlecote as a destination and b) you know how to get us there? Lol!!!

Tim, I'm sure picking you up at Tardebigge wouldn't be a problem. :)

Yes Hannah, Charlecote via Bermuda Triangle.

Ha, OMG.... that was such a loooooooong route Mickey Rourke! I lost count of how many times we saw that same ruddy junction!!! I'm going to start calling it the 'Hazlewood Detour' as either you or O seem to take us the long way around!!! :-p #GoodTimes 

hi Hannah - I have never been in 20 years but have a vague idea to the route - see you at Rednal for 9.15am approx.

Mike McClure

Lol, it's ok Mike, I'm sure we'll figure it out! :-)

B run today was awesome! Some of us would have ridden 60 - 65 miles while some of us topped closer to 70 miles!

A beautiful but cold day to begin with, but filled with lots of waving and 'hello's' as we saw an absolute ton of other cyclists, both social and club, individuals and groups.

Food at the Charlecote was lovely, and the members present included:

The group that left Rednal included:

Mick McClure

Phil Davie

Richard Keyte

Hannah Smith

We picked up Chris Kent in Barnt Green, Tim Bruton in Tardebigge, but that's where we unfortunately lost Richard due to an ongoing injury. 

The five of us took a fairly speedy pace through Astwood Bank and Sambourne, where we detoured and took the long way to Charlecote via Snitterfield but picked up Chris Pardoe en route. 

At the cafe we met John Poole and Graham Knowles, and after a short cafe stop we all left together. After reaching Stratford Graham, Pardoe and John rode off and did their own thing. The five of us rode on, but parted ways towards Redditch when Mick and Tim went for a shorter ride home. The pace settled a little more with us three doing our own thing, and we pottered home via Ham Green and Elcocks Brook. 

A fab day enjoyed by all :)

The A's consisted of 4 riders today Lee,Speedy,Owen and myself.

A brisk pace was set from the onset sticking mainly to some interesting lanes and at times testing route with Kenilworth

being our destination.

There will be a more in depth report to follow by Speedy giving all the highlights but I will just mention there was one of

of our team who found one hill just to much and dismounted for a walk.

Many thanks to Hannah for her earlier report and I will attempt to put a little more "meat on the bone"

Yes an excellent day was enjoyed by all and although we were were few in number with several notable absentees our spirit was undiminished!!

I thought it was Matt (from the Matt & Emma) partnership who turned back @ Tardebigge but then again I thought the "bolshie" youngster who I now know to have been one Phil DAVIES was Richard KEYTE who I also thought was Laura's brother!!!!

How the years, miles (or lack of) & possibly the cold (not to mention the regular Batham's intake) can confuse ONE!!!  

Anyway it was a really, really COOL outing With very few negatives! Great company, venue and an incident-free ride, 

Many thanks to Chris for fine-tuning our route there & back (particularly over the early return miles) although I'm sure Mike McClure (team GARMIN but lost instructions) would have got us there eventually!!!

Agh! this modern IT kit takes some beating, preferably with a lump hammer in my opinion.

Anyway Hannah was great company right to the bitter Blackwell end after the Tim & McClure departure into the Redditch back & beyond "Black-Hole"

Most importantly we need to encourage Phil DAVIES (a young talent I'm sure) albeit a mountain-biker to grace us with his company on a more regular basis!!!

A thoruoghly nice guy and very strong steady rider indeed. 

Archived