Ride report, Worcester St Johns CC Reliability.1/2/2015.

On a spur of the moment decision, I rolled up to the start of the Worcester St Johns reliability ride. I had my new best bike out (Trek Crockett), and I felt good(ish).  I set off in the second group of about 20 riders, the pace was brisk but consistent. It was windy, very windy. What started as side by side soon turned into single file, and although it was not fast as such, the pace didn't drop when we went uphill!!

The road between Stourport and Great Witley saw a few riders pull away, I sat in the following group thinking " are we coming back together, or what?" we didn't. I rode across, solo style only to get re dropped as soon as I made contact!!

Stanford bank was the highest point on the ride, and I knew, now that I was on my own,  that I could at least settle into my own rhythm, although it's hard to find any rhythm when your maxed out!!

About 10 miles from the finish I was picked up by some other riders, and we formed a little through and off group, I felt great now, better late than never!! even this group spilt as I unleashed full power (ahem).

Back at the HQ I had tea and biscuits, thanked my Garmin for showing me the way, and contemplated the old adage, " there's always someone fitter than you"

Great to get first event of 2015 in the bag, and wearing Saracen colours.

The cruel Garmin stats

av HR                 171!!!

max HR              198 

ascent                 1140m

28ul001.jpg

Archived