Time Trial news.

Just an update on what members are up to in the near future.

DaveM and myself have both entered at 10mile tt on  Saturday 13th April near Alcester.

I will be riding a 25mile tt on Sunday 14th in Wales.

And the Saracen is represented by a number of members riding on Saturday 20th April again

near Alcester,  and the riders are DaveM, ColinB (stumpy), SamBoz and myself.

Well that's the first one over with and I really enjoyed it. Not too sure what to expect after a gap of 38 years but it all went well. Nice and controlled and still a bit left at the end.  Laughable time, 29:56 but that gives me a base to work from now.  Mike had a good one 24:59 and I would like to thank him for his support and encouragement in getting me back into TT's. Now we need to build our team so come on guys step forward, don't be shy.

Thanks to our two soigneur's today, Mandy and Edwina and to our Team Director Eddie Smith.

p10006092.jpg

p10006122.jpg

p10006111.jpg

p10006161.jpg

Well done both of you, Dave it looks like we are going to have some fun over the coming months trying for that 22 (yer right as if that's ever going to happen) but we have to try right ? I guess the old Saracen jersey was a tad to tight or were you just afraid to wash it after Ha Ha. Anyway well done on the sub 30 mins that's a nice mark in the sand and a perfect target for me this Tuesday evening & this  coming W/E. Go Saracens.

Hazlewood you need to go faster matey. :) 

Thanks Ivor and thanks also for those little tips you gave me on the Sunday run. As Dave Brailsford says 'it's all about marginal gains'. Looks like it's down to the old un's to show the way.

Looking forward to Saturday Colin, really pleased your having a go as well.  I was beginning to think I had lost my marbles racing again - then another nutter shows up!  The jersey was OK it's just that I could not breathe with it on.  Thanks very much for offering the use of it.  Mike H kindly lent me one of his.

Looks like we have the weather for it, but not looking forward to when Mick Ives comes screaming past me - he's 73!

See you there.

Archived