Flying Horse Lane - CAUTION

AlanW

A word of warning if you are travelling in the area close to Flying Horse Lane, and in particular Ditchford Bank Farm.

There is a large green four wheel tractor towing a very wide muck spreading trailer that it would seem is determined on killing someone. The problem being that the trailer is much wider that the tractor and has the same sized wheels as the rear wheels on the tractor.

A group of about ten of us were riding along Flying Hourse lane yesterday morning, coming from the Saltway direction, the tractor came up behind us and we all singled out.  You could tell that he was becoming increasly impatient as he tried several times to overtake but changed his mind each time.

When he did finally overtake us, as he passed me his near side trailer wheel actually rubbed my right shoulder and the outside of my right hand while I was on the brake hoods.  :shock:  Feck me.....how close do you want it???  Three of us then chased the tractor until it turned in to Ditchford Bank farm.

Needless to say I have just taken both articles of clothing to the Police station to make a formal complaint.  Since then I have heard of two other incidences this week involving the same tractor, but to be fair we dont know if its the same driver or not.

So a note of caution to anyone riding in this area and if your are involved in an incident with this vehicle, please do report it.

Thanks for the 'Heads Up' on this one.  I think that our group has already met this character. We were in exactly the same area maybe two or three months ago and we caught up with a tractor with a large box on the back. We hung back behind it and singled out, waiting for a safe place to pass. For no reason at all he made an emergency stop! Luckily no one was too close as to run into the back of him and we went round him.  Words were exchanged and we carried on. Minutes later he caught up with us, just as we arrived at the top of Flying Horse Lane. He cut in as close to me as he could without actually hitting me.  Once again we carried on but this time he hung back and eventually disappeared.  I know Ken Haddon had a long conversation with him and someone may of taken a photo. Probably what kept him back. 

This guy is DANGEROUS! Any more incidents like this have got to go to the police. I don't think it is wise to argue with this idiot.  If he is prepared to kill people with a tractor....!  Just gather obvious evidence, reg. plate, time place, his description and a photo if poss.

Thanks again Alan.

Thanks for the 'Heads Up' on this one.  I think that our group has already met this character. We were in exactly the same area maybe two or three months ago and we caught up with a tractor with a large box on the back. We hung back behind it and singled out, waiting for a safe place to pass. For no reason at all he made an emergency stop! Luckily no one was too close as to run into the back of him and we went round him.  Words were exchanged and we carried on. Minutes later he caught up with us, just as we arrived at the top of Flying Horse Lane. He cut in as close to me as he could without actually hitting me.  Once again we carried on but this time he hung back and eventually disappeared.  I know Ken Haddon had a long conversation with him and someone may of taken a photo. Probably what kept him back. 

This guy is DANGEROUS! Any more incidents like this have got to go to the police. I don't think it is wise to argue with this idiot.  If he is prepared to kill people with a tractor....!  Just gather obvious evidence, reg. plate, time place, his description and a photo if poss.

Thanks again Alan.

No worries Dave and this is the beauty of the internet isnt it?  As you would expect I have also posted this on the Beacon MB and someone has also had dealings with this tractor/trailer combination. As I mentioned above, I have logged a formal complaint and the Police have stated that they are going to visit the farm concerned and highlight that a number of complaints have been made.  Dont worry about getting the registartion number, as you probably wont be able to see it anyway to be honest, as long as you witness the vehicle going to or from the afore mentioned farm, that will suffice.

So based on that, if anyone does get involved or is a witness to such a dangerous occurance, then please do contact the Police or ring the hotline reporting number 101.  But we do need to be vigilant before this joker seriously hurts someone.  :(

Thanks for the warning Alan, I’m almost certain that this is the imbecile I’ve had dealings with too, it’s probably just a question of time before he kills someone.  

Although your efforts and actions might reduce that eventuality somewhat.

Thanks again.

By means of an update.

The Police have contacted me this afternoon regarding my incident, plus others that have also been reported.  An officer from Droitwich Police station paid a visit to the farm concerned today and as I understand it have even identified the driver concerned.

Words of advice have been given together with a stern warning that in the event that any further complaints are made then more serious action will be taken.

So hats of to the Police for responding so quickly, very reassuring.

Came back along Flying Horse lane today after ride and met the mad tractor driver with a big trailer full of sh....t  coming

in the opposite  direction, and was pleasently suprised that he very kindly offered to pull well over to his side of the lane

and he actually slowed down a fair bit too.

I would say that's a result!!.

Archived