A & B Runs Sunday 11th January

Sean Barker

Just a heads up, I'll be riding with the B's over the next few weeks as I need to work on my base fitness in preparation for the women's TTs later this year. O's going to continue with the A's. Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday and Cobhouse Fisheries sounds delightful :)

Great days cycling on what was a beautifully sunny but cold winter morning.

I got to Rednal to join up with the B group where I was joined by Hannah, Mick McClure, Chris Thompson. We were joined in Tardebigge by Tim Bruton. Gary Wodward caught us soon after and told us that Chris Kent had got to Tardebigge and was waiting there. I headed back for him and then we gave chase but took a different route and missed them.

Today’s B group

Sean Barker

Mick McClure

Hannah Smith

Chris Thompson

Chris Thompson

Tim Bruton

There was a great showing of Saracens at the café.

Not sure if I saw all the A group but I did see the following

Mick Hazlewood

Owen Hazlewod

Le De Gray

Kevin Young

Dave Mitchell

John Shelly

Phil Carbutt

Independent riders

Dave Sexton

Ruth Sexton

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone but if I have please let me know as they are going to be recorded this year.

Hi Everyone - B run was good and we managed a great ride most of the time. I gave a minor direction instruction incorrectly but we eventually managed to get a breakfast. Long run home with a steady ride. Recorded 62.5 miles. Not bad for the second Sunday of the year..

Hi Sean, you missed Kevin Sargent from the A run - but that's because he wasn't at the cafe, he continued straight on into Worcester :)

B group ride out to the cafe was led by Mike McClure who did a fab job, even if we went on a slight detour :) Pace and distance were both fab and the cake at the Cobhouse was delightful!

B group ride back home was partly led by Dave Mitchell who took us all on a very scenic route which was highly enjoyable through Worcester and Droitwich. Once we hit Droitwich Sean and Mick did their own thing while Chris K, Chris T, Tim and myself rode through the lanes up to Fairfield and Catshill.

Lord knows what was in Kenty's breakfast but he certainly had some steam in those legs and as we approached Dodford he went off in a different direction down Timberhonger, which Chris, Tim and I continued up Bungay Lane heading towards Fairfield. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my ride out with B Group, as I took turns on the front and rode 60+ miles single speed... an achievement I'm uber proud of considering I've only recently taken to riding in my current gear (34/15 - 60 inch.... yes I'm telling everyone that will listen! :biggrin: ) 

Owen and I are cracking on with my Genesis track frame build now so that I can continue riding single but on a lighter and stiffer frame.  :happy:

Once we hit Droitwich Sean and Mick did their own thing

I'm afraid I was being troubled all day by an old knee injury. my right knee is quite arthritic and really does flare up if I do too much in the cold and Tuesday's 200km Audax in the cold and rain really aggravated it.

Mick kindly slowed up for me and nursed me home. 

Archived