8th jan

rovi

Anybody out today?

Went to whit Lenge after it stopped raining.

Then decided it was probably alcester this week.

Didn't want to go that far anyway.

Lousy ride ,someone had not only nicked

My legs they had stolen my bottom gear as well.

Can't trust anyone in this weather.

I'm treating my winter road bike as a single speed at the moment, and I popped out today and rode what I call the 'five hills challenge'...basically consists of riding up the Alvechurch Highway and immediately up onto Beacon Lane. Follow Monument Lane and over at the crossroads at the top of Rose Hill and enjoy a quick descent into Barnt Green via Twatling Road and Fiery Hill. Take a left and climb Kendal End Road. Get to the roundabout and immediately ascend Rose Hill. Back down the Old Birmingham Road to get on the Alvechurch Highway, turn right at the bottom and climb Redhill Lane. Turn right into Rubery at the top, head down Whetty Lane and climb Eachway. 

Distance isn't much, 12 to 14 miles I think. But it's a lot of climbing in such a short distance and it was awesome to do it on a single speed setup! Managed 4.5 out of the climbs. The last half of Eachway robbed the strength out of my legs. Still, enjoyed the ride immensely, going to make it a regular blip out and certainly going to increase the distance over the next couple of weeks once I can make 5 out of 5 climbs!!!

60 miles Chasing Vince! No stops!

39miles before he allowed me a coffee. Droitwich (Julies) via the North Lenches. Beautiful day though! Really looked after me whilst sneakily pushing me outside my comfort Zone.

2 QOM 1PR. My legs feel like someone punched them all over. Unfit you see!

??Ibuprofen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm treating my winter road bike as a single speed at the moment, and I popped out today and rode what I call the 'five hills challenge'...basically consists of riding up the Alvechurch Highway and immediately up onto Beacon Lane. Follow Monument Lane and over at the crossroads at the top of Rose Hill and enjoy a quick descent into Barnt Green via Twatling Road and Fiery Hill. Take a left and climb Kendal End Road. Get to the roundabout and immediately ascend Rose Hill. Back down the Old Birmingham Road to get on the Alvechurch Highway, turn right at the bottom and climb Redhill Lane. Turn right into Rubery at the top, head down Whetty Lane and climb Eachway. 

Distance isn't much, 12 to 14 miles I think. But it's a lot of climbing in such a short distance and it was awesome to do it on a single speed setup! Managed 4.5 out of the climbs. The last half of Eachway robbed the strength out of my legs. Still, enjoyed the ride immensely, going to make it a regular blip out and certainly going to increase the distance over the next couple of weeks once I can make 5 out of 5 climbs!!!

So tell us Hannah, the last .5 miles uphill --- Did you get off and Walk ?

Hannah. So glad you have discovered the

Joys of the Lickey Hills.

When you get used to it you will be able to

Carry on and follow up with a few laps of Romsley and Clent

The Beacon do an evening (climbing ride) one evening in the

Summer

Perhaps we could start one of our own.

I will gladly watch.

Chapeau

Ivor

Archived