Club Run Sunday 4 February 2024

Moira

Looks like it’s going to be a reasonable day tomorrow but a bit windy . With that in mind John and I have decided to head to Bewdley so we will have the wind behind us on the way home.

The venue is The Seven Valley Railway Cafe . Now I don’t know if this is good or bad news but we will be able to turn right out of the station on the way home and go over the bridge and the up that steep lovely hill . ( the bridge is only open in one direction )

We will be meeting at 10 am at Sanders Park Car Park yes Sanders Park .

Bev and I were late on parade this morning we’re blaming the traffic lights we got stuck at on the Stourbridge Road . Waiting patiently for us at Sanders Park were John , Roger , Leigh and Julie .

So off we set it was a bit busy with runners, dog walkers and people going through the park . They made me and Julie go on the front into the very very strong headwind. It was windy but warm . To contest to that we saw 3 young men running towards and two of them had there tops off . I must say Julie and I did pass comment on there nice physique shame we were old enough to be there mums but no harm in looking 🤣 That really was the highlight of the ride out .

Luckily they didn’t leave us on the front all the way and we made it to The Riverside cafe which was very busy so we had to sit outside initially. Mine and Johns teacakes came before I even finished paying . Roger went for a very big lemon tart to save waiting . Unfortunately Julie and Bev went for the doorstopper of a bacon sandwich which they had a long wait for we’d got a table inside before they came. Julie has pictures to put on but no doubt she won’t put the one on of her enormous sandwich .

Off we set for home I got a head start up the hill due to traffic but Roger caught me up and to add insult to injury overtook me too . It was very busy around Stourport due to police blocking the main road . The promised tailwind on the way home by John was not present half of the way home . I’m told it was our fault as we kept changing direction .

A nice ride with good company . Julie will post some photos 🤞🏻

Great write up Moira. I have to say I only noticed those lads cos your eyes were popping out 😂😂😂. And yes the tail wind was very intermittent but it was a good day for cycling. There were lots out and about. Here's the pics. I've included the sarnie. Only complaint.. not enough bacon for the size of the bread!!! 

PXL_20240204_115508038.jpg

PXL_20240204_113922493.MP.jpg

PXL_20240204_113918872.jpg

PXL_20240204_115501470.jpg

PXL_20240204_114147921.jpg

PXL_20240204_113945787.jpg

PXL_20240204_113929879.jpg