Club Run 20th August

Sarashell

First of all bad luck to the lionesses. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Setting off from TB were Tim, John, Leigh and me. Moira had chosen to watch the footie and others are away on holiday or had visitors. So a busy weekend for our members 😀

We picked up Barry and Alan at the top of the Ridgeway. Chris was apparently still fitting the new kitchen and couldn't come out 😜.

A lovely day but a bit of a headwind but not as bad as Moira and I had yesterday going to Bewdley. Now that was serious wind. 💨💨💨.

Stopping at the railway carriage we got there pretty early. We had averaged 15.6 going out. My legs could feel it too. 

We had cake, tea and teacakes. Very nice too. We also got a biscuit in the shape of a spoon, but as you can see from the photo of John below he bit into it before I could take a pic. So there's a pic of the wrapper instead.

Little quiz for the observant amongst you.... See if you can spot the flagrant disregard for rules in one of the pics and more importantly the owner of said misdemeanor 😜. Answers on a postcard please.

I am very pleased to report that Alan managed very well in Chris' absence. Managing to pour his tea all by himself. It's amazing how he can cope all on his own. It was a miracle. 😂😂.

Back home up Binton Hill which was a long drag. I had thought we were going over Astwood Bank (cos Alan told me we were, I was dreading it) but turns out we weren't. You wait Alan 😡

The one road was a bit bumpy and someone thought they had a puncture, but thankfully it was a false alarm.

As I've been out 4 times this week, I've clocked up 208 miles which apparently is pretty good so I was instructed to post my achievement on here. (I'm not really into blowing my own trumpet 😇).

Nice ride today, I'm glad I drove to TB though I was very pleased to see my car.

Til next time 🚲🚲🚲

PXL_20230820_100220706~2.jpg

PXL_20230820_100944527.jpg

PXL_20230820_100926173.jpg

PXL_20230820_100243192.jpg

PXL_20230820_100039542.jpg

PXL_20230820_102250684.jpg

Yes shame we lost the football . John I can report not a drop of alcohol past my lips too early in the day for me .

Sounds like you had a good ride . I think Julie is trying to show off this week or trying to make up some miles for all those she’s missed while on holiday 🤣🤣

I know the answer to the quiz I’ve sent you a postcard Julie.