Club Run 21st June

Sarashell

38 minutes ago, Alp said:

Chris & I will not be joining the ride. Full sun and 26C is forecast so for me an early around the block could be the better alternative.

Ditto. More than warm enough for me after an early excursion this morning, and it's going to be hotter tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday although possible rain forecast... 

Todays runners and riders were John , Gordon , Tim , Bev and a guest appearance from Kev too and me.

Off we set on John’s magical mystery tour as he was the only one who could remember the way . But there was some dissent in the ranks as he put a massive loop in from TB some of wishing we had started from Sanders Park as at 15 miles we could have made it in 5 miles. John is a mile monster .

It was quite pleasant a nice breeze and not too hot .

On arrival at Stourport some of the riders had a refusal at the 15 th fence and carried on round the one way system and home . The guilty 3 being Gordon who had a reasonable excuse a family dinner and Bev and Kev . Bev was too hot. 
I had a wobble but managed to stay on , wether to cut short or carry on John assured me it was only about 8 miles to The Cob House from Stourport stupidly I believed him 🥰.

Bev did warn me that it was all uphill which it was we turned  left to Martley and the climbing began. We made it 12 miles later to the cafe . I didn’t mention this fact once to John honest .

We found a table in the shade to enjoy our tea and tea cafes . Off we set for home vis Holt Fleet luckily a lot of the lanes were in shade but my garmin did show a temperature of 30.9 degrees at one point  . We decided well I did the best option home was the quickest as it was getting warm . Only the last couple of miles did the heat hit me and I was really pleased to get home and into a cold shower 🚿 

A few pictures below . Sorry Tim you were pulling that face on both pictures I took of the three of us 🤣🤣

IMG_1733.thumb.jpeg.b2ad680750a930593fdca6f242783825.jpegIMG_1732.thumb.jpeg.2274ce38a80478e87bb724acf8289ab6.jpegIMG_1731.thumb.jpeg.0a5b995c15cab9273dd4d5d64b6fca5a.jpegIMG_1734.thumb.jpeg.e2ab36e5fdf14c367c213d6b5edec55b.jpeg