A & B Runs Sunday 14th December

Hannah

Sooooooo then chaps.... any destinations in mind for the A's this Sunday?

I'm not going to lie, a route that is a tad less bumpy/long would be preferable! I'm still recovering from last Sunday's ride!

With that said Owen has kindly tweaked the fit of my Lexa to hopefully make the saddle region a little less.... excruciating!!! Still, if it's a lumpy long route for the A's I might opt for a more steadier ride with the B's just to ease myself back in! 

A new cafe was mentioned for this Sunday's A run which is in the direction of Bobbington airfield

via Kinver which we went too a couple of weeks ago.

This is not yet confirmed but there are a few hills to climb.

There is also Time for Tea at Kenilworth which could not accommodate us last Sunday due to a

party of walkers going for Xmas lunch.

Flatter route except for a few hills at the start of the ride on the way out.

Watch this space for updates.

Thanks Dave, only just got back home so saved me a job.

Ivor, Sean - ChrisT is planning to be at Rednal, too. My road was treacherous with frost this morning, even walking was tricky, so I'll have to see what state of play is in the morning before I venture out. If it's ok I'll be at Tradebigge on time. Otherwise I may see you there. Better safe than sorry.

The A's decided on quality rather than quantity today with there run so we gate crashed the

B's little party at Craycombe.

We took a safe route avoiding any black spots were icy roads are usually a problem which

meant a few more main roads than we would normal travel down, but better safe than sorry.

Went out via Sambourne,Alcester,Wixford,Bidford and then towards Evesham and round the

Lenches rather than over them.

Out today were KevinY, SpeedyK, JohnS, Lee, Owen, PhilD ( good to have you with us ) and

myself. ChrisP had another lie in and made his own way to meet us at the cafe and Hannah

had a lie in and didn't get up until 2 o'clock ! ( Youngsters, Ha ! ). Mentioned something about

being to tired and having to do some housework.

Sat around the table at Craycombe on arrival were Sean, Tim, ChrisT, DaveM and Mick Mc.

The staff as always looks after us well at Craycombe and supplied us with the biggest tea pot

I've seen.

Great ride today.

I met the other B Riders (Chris Thompson and Mick McClure) at Rednal and we headed for Craycombe via Tardebigge where we picked up Tim.

Just as we'd missed out turn we met Dave Mitchel heading towards us, who then led us there.

I enjoyed riding the mountain bike today and must admit I feel considerably safer on it in these winter conditions.

Boozers run next week fantastic.gif

Archived