Love em or hate em?

rovi

Whatever your attitude to turbo trainers

They are useful when the weather turns lousy

WHAT DO YOU DO ON YOUR TURBO?

WHEN THE WEATHER KEEPS YOU INDOORS

Let's have some ideas

I have been doing an hour a day

Have you tried one legged pedalling?(you need two buckets)

To get the most from turbo training most importantly you need to have a plan, otherwise its pointless and terribly boring!  There is little point in just sitting there peddling for the sake of peddling staring at the wall, total waste of time IMHO

Up until fairly recently I have been following structured workouts and being guided by what my heart rate monitor is telling me.  The workouts are from a book called The Heart Rate Monitor Work Book, it is a valuable aid to anyone's winter training

index_zps414c615e.jpg

However, I have since purchased a new fluid resistance type trainer and switched into training using power output as opposed to heart rate, I have to say that it is a quantum leap in terms of quality time on the trainer.  I now use TrainerRoad for all my workouts, more details HERE  In truth I cannot say a bad word about the software or the 600+ workouts that you can choose from depending on what you want to train for and when

When you first subscribe to TrainerRoad you have to do a 8 minute to test to establish your FTP (Functional Threshold Power) all your workouts will then based on these figure.  Repeat in six weeks time and see if what your doing is affording you the results that you desire?

This was mine from the beginning of the week.  In truth they are not that pleasant to do, but its more about getting the best from the time that you spend on the trainer really.

8MinuteFTPTest_zps9ca86416.jpg

Archived