Club Run 4th September

Sarashell

It’s me again, the Boss has gone off somewhere else.

So, I thought we could go to Evesham via Offenham, ( avoiding the Lenches ), I think it would a good idea to take waterproofs and keep our fingers crossed 🤞.

We will be going via Priest’s Bridge and on to Radford, 9.30 from Tardebigge.

Don’t be late.  🚲

Setting off from Tardebigge were John, Tim, Mick and me. We felt a bit lonely until we picked up Chris and Alan, Barry and Leigh en route.

It was an eventful ride out. First mishap was when we came out of priest Bridge where a cyclist came back asking if all our riders were up as someone had ridden into the back of a car😳. After a nano second we realised it must be Leigh and Mick hot pedalled it back to make sure he was okay. Thankfully no damage done and we carried on our way. 😊

A little further on just after Bidford Barry got a flat and Johnny Big Thumbs 👍👍 was needed to get the tyre back on. So another slight delay. I was happy about this as Chris was able to give my back a good scratch as I had an out of reach itch. She was very good at it!!! 😇

We then had to tuck Leigh in as his coat was hanging down. An accident waiting to happen!!! So another small delay.🙈

Lastly Barry decided to turn right to offenden and did a quick U turn to get back with the pack.

After all this excitement we arrived at the cafe at about 11.45 ish. We sat outside and had our usual chit chat about nothing very scintillating but we all found it interesting at least.😆. Most of us had tea/coffee and cakes or toasted tea cakes 🍰🧁🍪

Leigh left before the pack and we all set off home a little while later. It was an uneventful ride back with Barry, Alan and Chris, and Mick all peeling off at various points.  Leaving me John and Tim to make our way to TB.

Confession time for me, I had ridden from home, legs were gone so I got a lift home from TB. I needed it.

A hilly ride out into the wind but a nice tailwind home and we managed to beat the rain.

So til the next time........🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

20220904_120945.jpg

20220904_115219.jpg

20220904_115115.jpg

Looks like only Moira managed to catch the rain today.

Roger and I did a 50 mile route in the warm and some sunshine.

We stopped at Hatton Locks for refreshments a place well worth a visit.

Not to far on a straight route from Tardebigge.

IMG_0461.thumb.JPG.5af8a5116c576daeeeb745c3cee3cf58.JPGIMG_0464.thumb.JPG.ea76f51162fdd4b82b0f10355e5be6a3.JPG

Roger playing mother.

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.1f7c2015ebd012dadab8f72b188c9f67.JPG

Excellent plum pie and clotted cream.

IMG_0473.thumb.JPG.cd3403ee85ddca5e8735d76e5f05ce6a.JPG

Then watch the barges negotiate the locks.

IMG_0474.thumb.JPG.ea26f3825a618a5fe562db4b56bd1052.JPG

A nice relaxing half hour before the return ride.