Club Run Sunday 7 th August 2022

Moira

John’s choice this week so we’re off to Campden Coffee and Crystals , The Old Silk Mill , Sheep Street , Chipping Campden.

It’s pre lock down since we’ve been there so it’s about time we headed out there and the weather looks good.

we will be going via Swanbrook Lane , Feckenham and up to the Ridgeway .

9.30 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

I was surprised to see many at TB on my and Bev’s arrival . Waiting for us and raring  to go were John , Micky D , Tim , Gordon , Leigh , Kevin Young and Julie. Surprisingly we didn’t pick anyone en route. 

Barry just checking you’re okay as nobody had heard from you and we were expecting you out.

A pleasant ride out in the sunshine accompanied with a tail wind who could ask for anything better . John was navigating but when Kev Y and Bev got on the front they went a different way to Johns planned route putting a couple of extra miles on .
At last we arrived at the bottom of the hill . Kevin’s new name is Gough as  he was off. John was on the front for the rest of us I now know his tactics he goes quicker on the slow build up to the main climb ( think he got his tactics from Team Sky of old ) but Bev did got past him only to be overtaken by John further on . I was watching all this from behind . We re-grouped at the top then set off into a busy Chipping Campden where we caused chaos as I missed the turning for the cafe so we all had to do a U turn and a very nice female driver waited for us to do this.

We we’re all looking forward to Teacakes or toast only to find there was only cakes a choice of 4 all of them bar one being vegan . I must so some of his had a lovely blueberry muffin cake which looked nothing like a muffin but tasted delicious . Sorry to rub it in Mick you need to be quicker into the cafe next time 🤣

We sat outside in the shade hearing all about Bev and Kev’s building project at home a new patio . I forgot to take any photos. I have been reprimanded by John for failing in my duties.

Rode home via Honeybourne then the usual way it did get a bit hot 🥵 towards the end . The head wind was quite pleasant kept us cool .
I must say John is back on form nice to see him racing up those hills again . He got the King of the Hills jersey today 🥇

Think we were all glad to get home and into the shade . A very nice ride good company and lovely sunshine 🌞