Christmas Cycle

RichardJKeyte

Hello !

Not sure if I am replicating another post elsewhere, or just jumping the gun. I have heard much about an annual event in which we all cycle around to various public houses and have a few drinks! Then end up in some trees and make a fire.

To me this sound awesome!

I was wondering if there is a set date and time, so I can cancel anything else I have planned on that date.

if this information was shared at the club meeting last night, I do aplogise. I did intend on making this months meeting but missed it, will be at the next one! Promise!

Regards x

'The Boozers Run' is a long standing tradition where members gather after a ride, in a wood and cook a typical 'Engish' breakfast over an open fire then cycle to a pub, which in recent years has been the Dodford Inn.
Many of the social members will also meet at the pub after travelling there directly.
This years event will be on Sunday 21st December.  Start times and meeting places will of course be published nearer the day.

Not to missed and Club Kit essential!

Consuming excessive amounts of alcohol then driving a vehicle or riding a bike is not in any way encouraged by the club.

Richard and any other new members who will be joining us on the 21st will be more than welcome at both the

Campfire in the woods and also the Dodford Inn. Now I must warn you guys that a camp fire will have a

smelly effect on any external clothing which is worn in the area which we will be cooking by smoke.

You have been warnied !, I would suggest that old cycling clothes be worn and Saracen tops be put in a bag,

and taken with you to wear at the Dodford, unless you intend to cook in the nude that is.

Old frying pans are required and take any food with you you might like to cook and eat. There is normally a

supply of dry wood delivered beforehand and hidden in the area.

This is very much a Saracen tradition which needs the support from the younger members.

It has been known that some members do not get home until after 6pm so you will also need yours lights.

I have only been in the club since 1967 and have not missed a Boozers run since then and there are a number

of members who have been going long before that. Photo's will be taken throughout the day and no dought

posted on the forum so be on you best behaviour. OR NOT.

Just to mention that the weather does not stop the proceeding.

Archived